It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murtha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Murtha Article

Pelosi, the dems highest ranking member, has shown her true colors. She's not only a flake, but she's pushing for one of the most corrupt dems on the planet to move into a position of power. Murtha as Majority Leader, which is the No. 2 position in the Democratic leaderhship; FRIGHTENING!

And before anyone on the left says ABSCAM was 20+ years ago .... there is more! Lot's more MURTHA corruption than ABSCAM. Read the article and weep for America. And the fact is that Murtha's advocate, Pelosi, is only two heartbeats away from the Oval Ofice. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

[edit on 11/16/2006 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 2006-11-16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's nice to see how old scandals can still raise their ugly heads...It seems that all that talk about cleaning up the ethics in congress, especially the House, were all smoke and mirrors. Too bad the Dems in all their fuss about the "culture of corruption", neglected to tell most Americans it was a nonpartisan culture of corruption.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'd be disgusted, but to be disgusted one needs to be surprised. I'm not surprised. Just...oh alright...I am disgusted.

Hypocrites...the lot of them. GOP and Democrats alike. I'd say a plauge on both their houses, but the plague is already there.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He's one of the most corrupt democrats on the planet, and he's never been charged by any law agencies, or even censured by any congressional ethics committe? And thats with 10+ years of republican control of congress?

That'd make the democrats pretty darned non-corrupt.

Either that, or Murtha ain't all that corrupt.

This new push on corruption is just politics. Murtha is up for a big position in the senate, so people are trying to scuttle it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Murtha lost his bid to Steny Hoyer. Big time.

He's a personal friend of the family (my parent's generation). I was in PA last weekend for a wedding and my mother brouht his name up; he still goes out of his way to greet her and call her by her first name. She adores him, says he built this clinic here and that senior home there.

But he has does nothing to bring any jobs to their once-thriving steel town. Utter failure in that aspect. But of course, I'd never say that to Mom.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I heard the news at work. Haven't watched any mainstream media reports yet.

My guess is they won't make a big deal out of this.

But...if this happened to a newly appointed Republican speaker. You could easily guess the headlines.

This is a huge rebuke of Pelosi, is there such a thing as a "Lame Duck" Speaker of the House?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Murtha ordering at the take out window of McDonalds -

"No I do not want to super-size my order. Not at this point. Maybe after I've looked at the menu a few times, then I'll feel more comfortable." - John Murtha

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here are videos of the FBI's ABSCAM sting:

Part One 6:51
Part Two 6:15
Murtha Says He Might Be Interested

new topics

top topics

join