It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where online do you register to stop unwanted mail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I signed up several years ago to stop telemarketers from calling and it works but it was on a gov. website and now I am trying to find the one to stop unwanted loan and insurance offers and can't find any that are gov. related and since it requires a social security number I don't want to take a chance on signing up on a bogus website. Anyone know where the government website is?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good call on NOT giving out your Social Insurance Number.
As for stopping "unwanted mail"......well, your guess is as good as anyone elses.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
When they made the law that created the registry to stop unwanted calls they also made a law about the unwanted loan and insurance offers, so there should be a legitimate registry somewhere. The stop calls registry is easy to find so I thought this would be too. We could all stop filling our trashcans with the junk mail and save a forest, so if anyone knows please post.

Just in case someone would like to signup to stop telemarketers from calling you

www.donotcall.gov...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
And the UK equivalent for us this side is www.tpsonline.org.uk...

I have used this and is very very effective.

[edit on 16/11/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Oh no no....you need to start having fun with your mail.

What you do is, any solicitation for anything will have an enclosed stamped envelope. Fill that envelope with a recipe you cut out from your daily newspaper and SEND IT BACK. Or take your other mail and place it in one of those envelopes and send them what you got. Just cut out or black out your name and address. Its a little time-consuming but it gets results.

new topics

top topics

join