It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror: No Progress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, Loopy, to semi-quote you...

Loopy, you're becoming quite the dumbass!

Leave the terrorists alone? Ignore them? That is by far the most rediculous comment I have heard on this board in a long time. Let me explain a few things to you...

The whole objective behind terrorism is contained in the word: TERROR!!! That's what they do. That's who they are. That is their only objective. As many times as they say differently, they have but one goal: to cause terror. The have objectives which they hope to achieve by the USE of terror, but ignoring them will not make it stop. Giving in to them will not make it stop. They will come up with new objectives if they achieve the ones they presently put forth.

Do you have a clue as to what the present bungholes have in mind? Do you think it is to force the US and British forces out of Saudi Arabia? Short term, yes. Long term, that doesn't scratch the surface.

The end agenda is to convert the entire world to Islam, institute Islamic Law in every corner of the globe, and kill anyone who doesn't conform. The "United States of Islam" as they wish it to be called, (ironic, isn't it...steal the name of the one you choose as your main enemy!) will be ruled by one man, the Calif (pronounced Kaa-leef). Osama bin Laden sees himself as that leader. Think I'm full of Shiite? If someone will tell me a way to upload a graphic I have on my hard drive, you may change your tune. I would link to it, but the USI website was shot down shortly after 9/11.

All in all, Terrorism will be with us for a long time. But leaving them alone, or giving in to their demands just perpetuates their behavior. Dumbest thing in the world to do...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't like to comparing an army fighting an army to terrorism. When the US fought for independence neither side was killing innocent people, well those damn redcoats did.

I agree with you about the distribution. The west in general needs to ensure the money goes to the people not Arafat. Holding that money meant to go to the people is more oppressive than anything the west has ever done and Arafat, the sheiks, and mullahs need to be held accountable - but when we do that 'we're meddling in their internal affairs.' Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Either way, we lose the popularity contest, m.e. children are taught to hate Jews, (and the US especially for supporting Israel) and terrorism perpetuates.

Just a side note. I was listening to a reporter on NPR(a Brit - I believe) that was in Iraq and brought to a prison (by the state of course) when Saddam decided to release all those prisoners. He said there were thousands of people who came to the prison, family members he guessed. The prison was overrun and all order lost, prisoners freed, etc. He said Iraqi's were actually chanting the name George Bush - in a supportive way � along with other words like �freedom� and �democracy.�

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:19 AM
link   
ah A.R. another witty and insightfull slice of banality filled with user friendly political rhetoric and propaganda.
nice.

I didn't say "do nothing" I said stop what we are doing as it causes the problem to prolificate and instead address the fundemental causes of terrorism.

only by doing this will you stop people like Ossama.

You need to make the common people of places like afghanistan feel safe. you need to make them happy, keep them well fead, give them good houses, good educations, rebuild their country so it becomes a pleasant safe place to live.

No one is going to follow somone like Ossama if they have this, he can rant about Islam much as he likes but at the end of the day the idea of suicidally crashing a plane into a building becomes a hell of a lot less appealing if you have a life you want to keep.

in your mind you see Ossamas followers as an army of like minded religious nut cases.
thats simply not acurate.

Most of them will be normal people who, having lost everything to our bombs, and having their kids blown up by our stray missiles have nothing left to loose, they,re pissed off with us and they want vengance. Ossama provides a gun and some shelter and shouts kill.

Change that, give these people a reason to live, stop blowing up their citys and Ossama will loose that army and slowly his cause will die with him.

but no. it doesn't satisfy our desire for blood, its not a gungho bravado macho bollox thing to do, it almost feels like helping the enemy. So we'd rather Nuke Kabal and turn one terrorist into 50 or 60

you won't understand this.
one suspects it doesn't fit into your nice simple black and white good and bad, get the girl kill the baddies hollywood make believe of whats going on in the world, but frankly I don't care.

If you want to stop terrorism, you have to stop people wanting to be terrorists. simple as that.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
ah A.R. another witty and insightfull slice of banality filled with user friendly political rhetoric and propaganda.
nice.

I'll just assume you are talking about your own post there...

quote:

in your mind you see Ossamas followers as an army of like minded religious nut cases.
thats simply not acurate.

Most of them will be normal people who, having lost everything to our bombs, and having their kids blown up by our stray missiles have nothing left to loose, they,re pissed off with us and they want vengance. Ossama provides a gun and some shelter and shouts kill.

Here is where you are TOTALLY wrong, and I'm talking from expierience here. With my position, I have had the "pleasant" oportunity to travel to many Islamic countries, and here is where you are wrong. The FOLLOWERS of Osama ARE an army of religous nut cases. That's EXACTLY what they are. The will never change their beliefs, as they have been taught them from birth. Case in point is the video of the three year old Palistinian girl who answers questions from her mother, calling Jews pigs and dogs, and saying that they should all be killed. Remind you of someone, say...Hitler?
Now, what you SHOULD have said, is the most MUSLIM people are not religous nuts. That is a true statement. But they are being brainwashed and terrorized by the zealots, making the job of tracking down and eradicating them a much harder job. And we will rebuild their country, that goes without saying. It's already in the works, but you won't admidt to that, because it doesn't serve your purpose.

quote:
If you want to stop terrorism, you have to stop people wanting to be terrorists. simple as that.

True, I agree with that...we just disagree in the methods to be used. If you have gangrene in your leg, you have no choice but to cut it off to stop the spread of the contagion...same thing applies to terrorism.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:45 AM
link   
uhuh.....and I can tell you storys of hanging around Northern Ireland watching kids sing skipping songs about blowing up brits.

but they didn't all turn into terrorists, they did it simply because the war they were in made itself a part of their lives, they saw the devistation around them and quite rightly blamed us.

It doesn't matter though, one doubts i could get this concept through to you, your indoctrination into the cult of the almighty dollar is, it has to be said, rather scarey.

~shrugs~

regardless, I'll keep calling for peaceful, social ways to tackle the problem and you keep dropping bombs on hospitals, and in 10 years time we can all sit around and have a good chin wag about why a 15 year old Terrorist decided to Nuke washington.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So now we are supposed to feed and take care of them.

If they don't like our life style our society or our money,how is that supposed to stop terrorism?

Before 9/11 we were not bombing them or harrasing them,but they decided to blow us up anyways.

[Edited on 01-08-2002 by nyeff]

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   
actually they're pissed because you weren't bothering them in any way Nyeff, this has all come about mainly because you screwed them over the russian incursion.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah we helped them out when the Russians were in Afghanistan.Then the conflict ended and we left them on their own.Isn't that what they wanted,freedom.
Sorry but I don't see this as a reason to kill people that had nothing to do with the Afghan war.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
we also said we'd support them, and then walked off allowing the taliban to gain controll and generally destroying what, before the war, was one of the most progressive nations in the middle east.

unsurprisingly, people were a little put out that we'd let them fight only to then be taken over by a dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:58 AM
link   

uhuh.....and I can tell you storys of hanging around Northern Ireland watching kids sing skipping songs about blowing up brits.

but they didn't all turn into terrorists, they did it simply because the war they were in made itself a part of their lives, they saw the devistation around them and quite rightly blamed us.

It doesn't matter though, one doubts i could get this concept through to you, your indoctrination into the cult of the almighty dollar is, it has to be said, rather scarey.

~shrugs~

regardless, I'll keep calling for peaceful, social ways to tackle the problem and you keep dropping bombs on hospitals, and in 10 years time we can all sit around and have a good chin wag about why a 15 year old Terrorist decided to Nuke washington.

Damn, your really are a fuking idiot...I thought it was just an act, but you really are as dumb as a box of rocks....definatly hopeless...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:00 AM
link   

we also said we'd support them, and then walked off allowing the taliban to gain controll and generally destroying what, before the war, was one of the most progressive nations in the middle east.

unsurprisingly, people were a little put out that we'd let them fight only to then be taken over by a dictatorship.

Hey, dumbass, it's not the Afgani's that blew up the towers, so this argument is a moot point. You are the thickest dip# I have ever seen on this board by far...how about posting something that has a bane of truth for a change instead of twisting thisgs in the wind???

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:05 AM
link   
whats a "thisgs" A.R. ?
~sigh~ you really need to consider taking an anger management course you know.
I mean think about it, your sitting there practically red in the face calling a person you've never met before all the names under the sun simply because they disagree with you... Its a little sad really.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok,so it our fault that Afghanistan went to hell after we left.I thought they didn't want our help.I thought they wanted to be free,to make their own way,thought that is why they were freedom fighters.
They do not like our society,it goes against their beliefs.
It is nothing more than a weak excuse to start their jhiad.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this is my point.
~they~ don't exist.
~they~ are a creation of the media. Afghanistan is (ok, was, we've killed rather a lot of them) full of different people and different cultures.

Look, some americans are members of the klu klux klan.

do we deduce then that all americans are part of the klu klux klan? or at least support it because they havent got rid of it yet?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Loopy, if you think I am sitting here "all red faced", you have another thought coming! I'm laughing my azz of at you! I LOVE proving you wrong. But then, you make it so easy!

And you'll have to excuse the spelling error...unlike you, I'm not perfect. "thisgs" is a keyboard error for "things". Of course, when you can't cohearantly argue the point, you have to resort to pointing out spelling errors. What a sad little girl you are.

Your claim about how the media created the terrorists is absolute bull#. It's not the Afgani's who are the culprits here, it's Al Qaeda. The Talliban, who are almost exclusivly Pakistani's, by the way, got in the way by supporting and sealed their own fate by refusing to give up the terrorists. Didn't you hear about this? It was in all the papers!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 03:13 AM
link   
"What a sad little girl you are."

interesting stance A.R. now "girl" is a derogatory term.....whats your problem with girls dood? I mean your insinuating that I'm a week feeble minded trouble maker, and then associate these traits with "girls"

hmmmm whats wrong A.R. too many regections? strong overbearing mother? finding that women don't tend to agree with your strange "weaker sex" perception of them?

~sigh~ don't worry. I'm sure in time you'll learn to respect other genders, races, ethnicitys, theologys etc... that or spend the rest of your life alone with your guns and ammo mags.

~shrug~ regardless, I no longer find you worth talking too.

*switches A.R. to ~ignore~*

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lupe, in the name of a wonderfull multi-ethnicity world, full of respects, you are supporting peoples who are terrorists and have just these ideas in their mind : " Killing us, blowing our way of life and our Judeo-Christian religion "

Trying to understand your ennemy, it's good. But if you let him killing you & destroying your civilization in the name of a so-called humanist vision, you are not humanist. You are crazy and dangerous !

Look your post :

"What a sad little girl you are."

interesting stance A.R. now "girl" is a derogatory term.....whats your problem with girls dood? I mean your insinuating that I'm a week feeble minded trouble maker, and then associate these traits with "girls"

hmmmm whats wrong A.R. too many regections? strong overbearing mother? finding that women don't tend to agree with your strange "weaker sex" perception of them?

~sigh~ don't worry. I'm sure in time you'll learn to respect other genders, races, ethnicitys, theologys etc... that or spend the rest of your life alone with your guns and ammo mags.

~shrug~ regardless, I no longer find you worth talking too.

*switches A.R. to ~ignore~*

You took 1 or 2 A.R words, wrote " something " about them, and " forget" the rest of his post.

[Edited on 8-11-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yeah, don't insinuate girls are weak. My wife has mentally tied liberals into knots in these kinds of discussions. As a matter of fact, she would not even bother egaging Lupe as he isn't up to the challenge.
You'd like her, A-R, she'd remind you of a younger Ann Coulter.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 07:44 AM
link   
you have a wife?!?!
for the love of god please don't breed.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm sure I would like her, TC. I love a good conversation with anyone who has the wits to keep up! *G* And I didn't mean to imply that girls are weak, that was Loopy doing some of his "reading between the lines", thus proving the falicy of his practice. I was actually quoting Mike Myers' character "Dieter" from Saturday Night Live. Humor is obviously lost on Loopy, tho...he reads between the lines too much...

Actually, I think it's he who has the problem with women. He calls guys "Doodle" and stuff. Damn, that's pretty gay where I come from. My wife thinks so too...and sorry, Loopy, I already HAVE procreated, and my beautiful children are happy and well balanced teenagers.

By the way, are you gonna take that "Don't breed" crack from that cracker???

I also notice that this is the SECOND TIME he has put me on ignore, or has claimed to. Funny, if I'm on ignore, how does he know what I have posted, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join