It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madonna's Bad English Accent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Anyone notice Madonna's trying to pick up an English accent?

I don't think she's doing a good job at it she's at about 50/50 now with an American accent.

What a poser! :shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
AAArgh,please not that tiresome old hoofer again-
Im sick to the nuts of her being on the TV news whenever i turn it on.
The accent is manufactured,i`ll warrant-just like all her 6 month fads,african baby smuggling being the latest.
Grumble grumble,sorry djohnsto,but as you may have noticed i find her most irksome.
No offence,and i admit she has made one or two decent records.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think she had the same diction coach as Tina Turner.
Something similar happened to her voice later in life as well.

Difference is, Tina Turner rocks.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Madonna? I thought she changed her name to Esther because shes like into Kaballah.

The British accent thing is a few years old now. I remember a few years back hearing that she hired some speech coach to help her talk like that. I think she sounds absolutely vile. She doesnt sound American or british. Madonna is a female Michael jackson. Its hard to tell what she is from one minute to the next.

I cant stand the broad. I find her vile, irritating and about as genuine as a 3 dollar bill.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thats a good one, female Michael Jackson.

A reinvention every 2 years, and she likes other peoples kids!

but it's ok, she tahlks propah!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
2right Skadi,
shes a massive serial bandwagon jumper.my favourite of late was this bizzare story:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

external source
"MADONNA and her husband Guy Ritchie have been lobbying the government and nuclear industry over a scheme to clean up radioactive waste with a supposedly magic Kabbalah fluid.

The couple, both followers of the Jewish spiritual movement, approached Downing Street, Whitehall and British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL) promoting a “mystical” liquid tested in a Ukrainian lake.

“It was like a crank call . . . the scientific mechanisms and principles were just b*ll*cks, basically,” one official said. "
(* * added by me)"

Tell ya what then MADonna,why don`t you test the water for us live on the news-sprinkle it around the chernobyl facility perhaps...
I`m sure that would sort it out.
You could do a stupid dance and buy another baby while you`re there.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Madonna's always had a high opinion of herself and her music. Two out of two is bad.

What I can't get around is how freakin' pale she is. That muscular body of hers mixed with her paleness is a revolting combination.

BTW, I find myself talking like Tony Montana for days after watching Scarface. I go to Burger King and order a Whopper yunior mang.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In all fairness any person living in a new country would pick up the local twang to the spoken word. But since we are talking about the material girl what the heck does fairness have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Its not even a proper english accent....its bl**dy 'hollywood english'

Tha'd give owt to 'ear 'ar Madge talk proper Barnsley...ah'd go t'foot ov 'ar stairs ah wud!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That crumbly old coot should be thrown back into the garbage.

I'm sick of her posing and dancing and her stupid singing.

Ever heard her sing live? BAD!

She's just dusty.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My hero is the guy who urinated inside her while having sex with maddona in the early 80's. She said it never happened. He says that she was too drunk at the time to notice!

She has always been gross to me. Especially her grill, which I wouldn't find offensive on most girls but with her, eeecchhh!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah it sounds so fake.

I do not understand why celebrities suddenly start to use the accent and diction of the country they adopt. Some Aussie celebrities have done this too. They lose my respect when they do this. They should be proud of the accent of their country of origin...

...is Madonna ashamed to be American ? Does she think she is landed gentry in England?

It is pretty pathetic

Peace to All
res

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
My hero is the guy who urinated inside her while having sex with maddona in the early 80's. She said it never happened. He says that she was too drunk at the time to notice!

She has always been gross to me.

That is the FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read.

Cheers, you've made my morning.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Unrealised]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Unrealized,

I'm here to help!

new topics

top topics

join