It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just noting that our beloved MA is about to move over into the Impossible range yet again by crossing the threshhold of 100,000 points.

amazing.....

congrats

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah! Damn, I envy him!!!!!!!!!!! :bnghd:

*Gathers the band together*

"HORNS UP!!!!!!"

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey, don't envy me guys.

And I am practising brinksmanship, it makes the anticipation all the more exciting, for what it's worth...

I will post up on the thread wherever it happens, a short account of what it took to get 100,000 points.

100,000 points (if and when I get there) is also interesting in that it is only halfway to the entry requirements for the most hush-hush secret forum on the planet. I know who I will be meeting there in exactly 112 days from today.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah its not like MA has 100,000 bucks(do you have that much money MA?!)

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Pfft. Just go and buy an email account, then buy 9 megs worth of storage space for pictures or whatever files you want ;P

That's wat i want to do. Once i get my email address...I will use evry credit of mine for storage space

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Dang, MA is 51 points away, and he just went offline.

Hurry up and break the barrier!!! The suspense is gonna keep me up all night!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
how exactly do u get all those i remember MA's tips for getting points such as filling posts up with as many quotes as possible.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He has 99,999 points!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Once he hits 100,000, he becomes the One, and he can control the Matrix....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
He has 99,999 points!

Looks like they will have to reprogram the points counter to accept 6 digits.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Once he hits 100,000, he becomes the One, and he can control the Matrix....

I think he already has.

Let's prove it mathematically.

Let m= 0.999999...

10m=9.999999.....
9m=9
m=1
m=0.9999999....=1
0.999999......=1
99,999.999999....=100,000

Alright, that didn't make that much sense...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

100,000 points (if and when I get there) is also interesting in that it is only halfway to the entry requirements for the most hush-hush secret forum on the planet. I know who I will be meeting there in exactly 112 days from today.

Secret forum..hush-hush..meeting him there in 112 days..all this is so..so *above* even ATS. I wonder who the man is you'll be meeting? Hummm...Bush?

All jokes aside..I'm thrilled for you, you may *obviously* post ALOT, but your are equally replied to. Thus you don't mess around with ignorance when you make a statement or comment. You are very deserving MA. Congrats..is an understatement

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You may now purchase your soul back from me.

I know this is a big day for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All right.

We'll do this here in Banana Top Secret/Between The Sheets, where oddly enough no-one sees any points and it is all egalitarian utopia and blissful harmony and flowers and bees and pretty things. And few will read this, because it is such a secret place.

Now to share some Below Top Secrets.

(1) With this post I have increased my digits and moved from one palindromic figure to another... 99999 to 100001. That won't happen again any time soon.

(2) My mood has been Roman numeral codified for a little while. It's just 10,000 x 10 = 100,000.

(3) I know where most of my points came from and I will give the lesson here. Listen and learn, and at all times be aware that ATS points are very significant and insignificant.

(4) Posting posts with lots of links does no different for your points than posting original content. Someone please help out kurt.

(5) Lysergic, thanks for my soul back. Here's 100001 points. Keep the change!

(6) Gazrok, the matrix will be coming under a unique consultative regime soon.

(7) Yes, drunk, ATS Points are worth megabucks.

William has the ATS sell rate at US$100.00 per point, so for someone starting from scratch to buy my points position would cost US$10,000,100. That's how much money I have. Ten million bucks. Or not. Because the buyback rate is only US$0.01 per point, giving me an ATS points net worth of $1,000.01. (Not including liquidation of my email account, U2U capacity and RATS Forum membership)...

(8) Here is the road to "riches" story of the masked entity:

Points gained, rounded

13,000 - converted from previous ATS system
20,000 - awarded for anticipating the exact time of the 200,000th post
10,000 - contributing two graphics to ATS mastheads
16,000 - posting on four Collaborative Fiction projects
5,000 - Moderator insider appreciation/applause
1,500 - completing three surveys
1,000 - bonus stock issue a while back
balance - starting threads, responding to threads, and occasional little unexplained bumps, offset by periods where it has looked like the points don't move at all.

Points spent

12,000 - Email account, RATS Forum entry, U2U capacity increases etc.

So, I have secured 112,000+ points from a mixture of things, and spent 12,000 of them, and there you have my current bank balance.

(9) So what?

Well, aside from the ultra-hush-hush majorly secret fantasy forum for 200,000 points, and the monetary valuation given above, the fact of the matter is, there is potential for some real tangibles for people that save and invest wisely at ATS. We are talking about solid, highly desirable consumer goods here. But I am not saying any more on that, it might spoil the fun of points for points' sake.

(10) I have only been in first gear. I will be moving to second shortly.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wonderful speach. Well chosen words of wisdom to abide by..yet quite simple and humble. This is a day that will be remembered and celebrated by you and all those that stood by you from 4-29-03 till today..*Hugs*
Magestica

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I demand a full acounting of MA's point total and demand that ATS retain Arthur Anderson. Not only have the books been cooked but MA has engaged in sneaky market tricks since the dawn of the ATS economy. I suspect my call for transparency and full cost accounting will fall on deaf ears.

MA has undoubtedly installed the regime forementioned and any subsequent market fluctuations based on MA's complicity in these crimes would cause a cataclysmic devaluation in ATS points, which would put the big mac well out of reach until 2007.

Beyond this complaint, hats off, bottoms up...

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by kukla]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, funnily enough, a full accounting of my points total by Arthur Andersen would give me a much higher points total than the points total you see where you see points totals.

Just like the Chatpost eating monster, there is a points eating monster at work when you aren't looking sometimes.

Cheers Kukla. Make mine an Anchor Steam, Too long between sips.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Glad to see someone understood the bad joke..

Anchor Steam, MA is a man of fine tastes.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anti Spam Cannon charged and on standby.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
4) Posting posts with lots of links does no different for your points than posting original content. Someone please help out kurt.

i didnt say posting longer posts gets u more points. i was saying that in a thread a long time ago one of ur tips to getting lots of points was to quote people and then add small points so it makes a fairly good post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join