It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Iran Being Planned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Conspiracy:

NATO forces are being assembled for an all out attack on Iran.

Taliban is just is an excuse. There is no Taliban.
Talibans have been finished since late 2001.

Today, hundreds of thousands of troops are heading to Afghanistan for a possible strike on Iran in winter.

Yesterday NATO has asked countries to provide troops for the border with Iran.

We may see a christmas surpise.

US forced will launch attack from Iraq.
NATO forces will surprise Iranian army from Afghanistan.

There wont be just air attacks on Iran's nuclear plants.
President Bush has said he wants to see a regime change in Iran.
so only a full scale ground invasion will make that happen.

Why else are sending so many soilders to Afghanistan.
Iran is next on the list of Bush administration.
This may be followed by syria and even Lebanon.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I believe there will be an attack on Iran but not as described here.....
It will be a swift air (+maybe a few spec ops teams) strike by either Israel or the U.S. or both on Irans nuclear facilities .

I know there will be members who disagree with me but....we'll see?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I know there will be members who disagree with me but....we'll see?

I agree, I see Israel targeting Iran nuclear facilities first before the US steps in.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
we are planning for war against every nation except maybe fiji.

its the prudent thing to do

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
HEY Dont trust Fiji too far..It,ll come back ta haunt ya

Joke BTW.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Conspiracy:
NATO forces are being assembled for an all out attack on Iran.
Taliban is just is an excuse. There is no Taliban.
Talibans have been finished since late 2001.

While I think that the US will take military action against Iran your way off base.
If NATO isnt fighting Taleban who are the fighting other then war lords and Bin Ladin cronies ?

Nato's military commander, General James Jones, said the alliance was taken aback by the intensity of the Taleban campaign.

Commanders have been surprised, too, by the Taleban tactics. They expected classic guerrilla hit-and-run attacks but, instead, the Taleban have been carrying out wave after wave of frontal assaults on the British bases.

link
Supporting link

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Mr Conspiracy,

If you are interested in researching the question whether US is preparing a war on Iran (yet) I'd suggest you to read a thread of mine I made last week:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The preparations for an attack on Iran have already begun months ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The preperation to hit Iran began when we went into Afghanistan and Iraq. They are on either side of Iran and THAT my friend is why we are in those two countries.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I dont agree.
I believe IRAN to be an unwanted conflict by the USA.
If we had of sent in MAJOR battalions, tanks, and outragoues amounts of harware into afghan id agree with you. But being we barely sent in enough people to Get binladen,its likely we are going to mount an offensive from afghan.
ALSO, Iraq is in as much doo doo being there just insurgents, mounting more action against its neighbour is doomed to failure.

Iraq, so rich with oil and so weak in terms of military is the perfect nest to continue our oil guzzling economy.

The US let alqaeda hit them, did afghan because it was obviously needed... then decide to use the opportunity to get into IRAQ.

Where OIL is bountiful, and the military weak.

They assumed such a tremendous show of military might against baghdad would deter any surrounding nations from interfering.

Unforuntaely, they underestimated their neighbours.
The resistance has continued to grow with steady help from IRAN, and now Iran looms as a major issue, one that is presenting itself to the US.

The US didnt plan for this, which explains there current situation.

Iran seiged upon the opportunity of diminishing public support and muslim outrage at the blantant unjustified attack, to garner there own public behind what ever cause they desire. Nuclear weapons.

Are the US, desperate enough to consider using tactical nukes to remove and unwanted problem?
With the billions to be made of Iraqi oil, and building contracts.. are the shadow men of our government willing to hit us again, to ensure there investment remains open?

I thnk its obvious.

Iran knows the US has to use nukes, or risk outright regional war.
Why else would the antagonise Israel, and openly preach hatred?
They know they can get away with it, and if someone tries to stop them it creates a major possilbity of the great satan losing its position at top of the table.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If we attack Iran i dont think it be a ground battle. I think we would use Afghanistan and Iraq as merely launching points for an air attack to hit Iranian nuclear facilities. i dont think regime change will be the goal here thus no need for massive military hardware. I think goal will be to set Irans nuke program back 5-10 years.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Princeofpeace, the problem is, Iranian troops and missles arent going to remain passive if we start knocking out there infrastructure.

You better believe they will launch on Israel, resulting in an israeli retaliation, and they will attack troops in Iraq.

There isnt an option here with a means to keep the peace in the region.

Why do you think they havent done anything yet!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey i agree, but to that end i also think that if we attack Irans facilities and they hit Israel, then it will probably go nuclear so still no need for a lot of hardware. I think the admisitration sees it playing out two ways: It will be like when Israel hit the Osirak nuclear facility in Iraq back in 1981. To the worlds surprise Iraq didnt hit back (maybe Iran will do the same). Or it will go completely the opposite direction and it would strike Israel thus inviting severe, possibly nuclear retaliation. I dont really see anyone (not the US anyway) having a ground war with Iran.

Either way, i think the administration sees we wont need a lot of hardware for this one.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If Iran gets hit with missles on its nuclear programme, Im willing to bet my arms and legs, they wont sit there and not retaliate.
Iran would enjoy a war with israel.

As soon as America supplies Israel with missles, surely Iran is going to wage an offensive against the troops in Iraq.

The ground war wont be in iran, but it surely will be in iraq.

Some people dont understand how much of a knifes edge the region is on.

We've got active attacks in Iraq
We've just halted a conflict between israel and lebanon.
We've got a terror attack in syria
The only plcae that hsnt directly been invovled is Iran.

If we hit them, Iran wont need the hezbollah excuse.
Syria will open up like a set of floodgates into israel, and the Iraqi/Iran border will almost be nonexistent.

But really.. do we have any other option?>

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
An retired Colonel claims that US military operations have began against Iran.
Given that the only sources that this guy names are in Iran and Time magazine I think that people should take what he says with a grain of salt.

Video

[edit on 19-9-2006 by xpert11]

top topics

join