It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Su-47 Berkut Demonstration Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
I wouldn't rule it out... With the Americans getting two new planes, the Russians just HAVE to get two new ones of their own. MiG 1.44 Flatpack and the Su-47 Berkut are the likely contenders unless PAK FA really gets a move on.

Oh, they will have new fighters but they won't be heavyweights like the MiG 1.44(dead in the water, nose is sitting in the grass somewhere(seriously)) and Berkut. PAKFA is a pretty good bet and it will probably have feautures from both planes.

The main limiting factor is money.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Su-47 designation suggests the companies' desicion to market the aircraft as a PRODUCTION unit. This designation was made from the S-37 designation in 2002.

However, in order for it to even begin making it's legacy, it would need to undergo heavy redesigning, the original test bed S-32(later redesignated S-37) was just that, a test bed and the aircraft has not changed in almost a decade. I do not think that the aircraft itself is ready for marketing, but Sukhoi seems to think so, however from what I understand there is only 1 unit built.

The project will most likely be put under the PAK-FA(Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации which loosley translates to Promising aviation complex of the front aviation; more understandable as Prospective Air Complex for Tactical Air Forces) before any real use of the aircraft begins, where it will most likely be redesigned and given a new designation.

That's what I have for now, the translation was done by a cheap online translator, if anyone speaks russian, help me out.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join