It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Liquids On Airplanes Is Stupid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I wonder if all you people that are against banning liquids on planes would be of the same opinion if the terrorists weren't stopped and the planes did go down?

When 911 happened, airport security increased to a critical level, but people didn't complain. They were happy to comply, only because of the reality of such risks. Only because 1000's of people died, and they didn't want to be the next. There was a global fear, a fear of real danger.

Everyone is too complacent now and angry because they forget that it could be the guy next to them, drinking a bottle of water, that suddenly explodes in their face. Do we need these actual terrorist events to occur to be reminded of the outcomes?

Its when the officials do their job successfully and stop a terror event, that people wish to bash their decisions?

I don't blame the airlines for imposing these rules. Would you want to be held responsible when the CRUD hits the fan?

Sure, it could be a government tactic, but what are you gonna do about it? Prove it and maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. Until then, your just speculating. Speculating against the real risk of terror.

Remember jaws the movie? Lets open the beach, its in the public's interest, what could go wrong?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
What about lubricated condoms? The lubrication on the condom is a liquid and it might be possible to create an explosive liquid form to be applied to what appears to be a condom but in reality is the secondary component that activates in a few hours after it melts. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to die due to a pack of clevely disquised Trojans. Your thoughts?

wouldnt even be that hard
all any potential terrorist would have to do is put the liquids in tylonol capsules and swollow a bottle of them before takeoff
to ignight them put some lithium in another pill

to prevent the pills from disolving before they get on the plane just drink alot of water and some antacids

the pills slowly degrade till their contents are released into the stomach, the lithium mixes with the water and ignights/explodes violently causing the rest of the concoction to detonate

if you want to hear scary stories i can tell them to you, they more than likely will never happen, but neither will the ones the government tells you because it's all a sham to rob us of our freedoms

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty
I wonder if all you people that are against banning liquids on planes would be of the same opinion if the terrorists weren't stopped and the planes did go down?

When 911 happened, airport security increased to a critical level, but people didn't complain. They were happy to comply, only because of the reality of such risks. Only because 1000's of people died, and they didn't want to be the next. There was a global fear, a fear of real danger.

Everyone is too complacent now and angry because they forget that it could be the guy next to them, drinking a bottle of water, that suddenly explodes in their face. Do we need these actual terrorist events to occur to be reminded of the outcomes?

Its when the officials do their job successfully and stop a terror event, that people wish to bash their decisions?

I don't blame the airlines for imposing these rules. Would you want to be held responsible when the CRUD hits the fan?

Sure, it could be a government tactic, but what are you gonna do about it? Prove it and maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. Until then, your just speculating. Speculating against the real risk of terror.

Remember jaws the movie? Lets open the beach, its in the public's interest, what could go wrong?

i'd still be against it as it would solve nothing
terrorists wouldjust find more stealthy ways to blow stuff up as i mentioned above
persoanlly i'd rather security guards have to worry about spotting suspicious looking bottles that are much larger than tiny pills that could have the same effect

outlawing the bottles forces terrorists to use smaller methods to smuggle the stuff onboard

it's called escilation people

- gordon - batman begins
"we buy semi-automatics they buy fully automatics"

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thats all I have to say..

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Originally posted by Mcphisto

So your saying there is no threat?

Correct

All this is a joke?

Correct

First a 7 mile high structure on the moon and now you say the US gov is having a joke with us, even though it was the UK who intercepted the terrorists!

Correct

And all the while I suppose there is no threat from extremists, its all lies.

Most of it. Correct

Those millions of people in the middle east who want death to the infadels (you and me) is all BS?

Correct. You need to listen less to talk radio and more to jazz.

Sorry John, but from here on in, I discredit everything you say!

Join the club. I think they meet on learisanut.com.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OMG! We're all 70% liquid... So no more people on the planes?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
John,

I think you'll find this amusing.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevo_Devo
I think you'll find this amusing.
www.youtube.com...

Sad part is that the commercial is so true now, so there goes their Marketing idea.

What gets me about all this is that they have pretty much TOLD the terrorists what to use for their missions.... as per a news site:

New List Of Banned Items In Carry-On Luggage For Canadian Airlines

* Any liquids or gels,
* Shampoo,
* Suntan lotion or sunblock,
* Toothpaste,
* Hair gel,
* Skin creams or other creams,
* Aerosol sprays, including insect repellent, hairspray and deodorant
* All beverages, including bottled water and juice.

Exceptions:

* Baby formula,
* Breast milk in bottles,
* Juice for a small child,
* Prescription medicine that matches the name on the ticket or boarding pass,
* Insulin,
* Essential over the counter medicine.

So all the terrorist has to do is use one of the liquid "exceptions" and is home free. Man, these governments do not think these things through do they? Just another reason that this liquid ban is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. We are all being treated like children... It's so far from stopping terrorism it's not even funny!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join