It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The united states should not be in the peace keeping force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With the Israel Hezbollah conflict dying down and a cease fire in the works we all know the will be an internation peace keeping force. All nations who want to give troops can but I do not think the U.S should be part of that force. For one we are too spread out in Iraq, Afghanistan and the border to spare any soldiers and if we sent the soldiers there it would be giving them a death warrant. Remember the barracks bombings and finally I don't think the U.S should be the parent that holds the hand of all the kids of the world that always constantly fight.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we would be.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't want us in the force anyway. Im getting pretty tired of U.S. troops being sent different places to babysit some morons who cant play nice.

I for one want to see decreased foreign military involvement by the U.S. and more troops back on U.S. soil.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Me too we shouldn't have to hold the hand of the whole freakin world.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another issue is whether the US should contribute money to the rebuilding of Lebanon. Right now, Hezbollah has taken the lead in giving money to people for rent and rebuilding, which supposedly makes us look bad.

But if we gave money, the Lebanese would not appreciate it, imo. They would call it "guilt money" and their allegiance would stay with Hezbollah.

France wants to be a leader in the reconstruction efforts, so let France rebuild Lebanon. Lebanon means nothing to us anyway. They (Hezbollah) bombed our Beirut embassy and killed 63 innocents.

top topics

join