It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elvis' Teddy Bear Mabel Destroyed By Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Elvis' teddy bear Mabel has been destroyed by a dog. The dog was supposed to guard the teddy bear at an exhibition when it went berserk and attacked the historic teddy bear. The dog has always been a good dog. The security guard on duty petted the bear while saying what a nice little bear she was. The dog might have been jealous...

Telegraph: Dog chews its way through Elvis' £40,000 teddy

02/08/2006

A £40,000 teddy bear formerly owned by Elvis Presley was destroyed when a guard dog which was supposed to protect it went on the rampage.

The dog "went berserk" and ripped the head off the historic toy

Security guard Greg West, 36, was on duty last night when his Dobermann, Barney, savaged the bear. Mr West, from Bristol, said: "Barney has been a model guard dog for over six years. I still can't believe what happened. "Either there was a rogue scent of some kind on Mabel which switched on Barney's deepest instincts, or it could have been jealousy - I was just stroking Mabel and saying what a nice little bear she was."

Mr Medley said: "It's a disaster. The scene is just a horrific mess, with bits of teddy bear everywhere.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bad dog, baaad bad dog! Why did he do it? Whyyy? I wonder what Elvis would have said about this...

From Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley

Put a chain around my neck and lead me anywhere
Oh, let me be your teddy bear.
Baby, let me be around you every night
Run your finger through my hair and cuddle me real tight
Oh, let me be your teddy bear.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
People have too much trust on the good behaviour of dogs, especially those "artificial" breeds like the doberman, and that is one of the things that can happen when we have too much trust on something we do not know enough about.

Gladly it was only a teddy bear and not a living creature.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by helmuttBad dog, baaad bad dog! Why did he do it? Whyyy? I wonder what Elvis would have said about this...

"you aint nuthin but a hound dog".....

just saw this story in the local rag, man that poor dog, you can tell he knows hes been bad.
the part i liked is the fact that the insurance company insisted that they have a guard dog. who looks silly now!!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I almost died laughing after I read about this. Yeah, poor dog and I hope he doesn't get that much punishment. But, MAN, this way too funny!!!

top topics

join