It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call for Muslim, Jewish & Christian Unity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Having read this forum; Having followed the news; Having read the Quran, Various Jewish texts and the Bible, including non-Canon texts, I have come to a personal understanding. The Time Has Come For A Much Needed Dialogue Between Muslim, Jewish & Christian Faiths.

Before I continue you might ask yourself, “Why is this in the Mid-East Conflict section of the PTS?” If you have already deduced the answer, then I apologize in advance for what you might perceive as a sophomoric answer to this question. This exists in the ME Conflict section of PTS because no other place in the ATS family needs and deserves this conversation more.

What brought me to this light? The Israeli-Lebanon-Hezbollah conflict has broken my heart. While I support Israel’s right to self-defense, I abhor the causalities to Lebanese civilians, many of whom are Christian. I also hate the Israeli civilian causalities brought on by Hezbollah rockets. In fact the last years have been nothing but a disgrace to the founders and ideals of all of our religions.

But why this why now….because the time for this discourse was upon us decades ago. In our arrogance, all faith are included in this religious-ego trip, we let the time slip away. Now we are left with a death-spiral of destruction. Each action release a counter-action that servers only to destroy life.

The first question I ask of the three faiths is: “has our actions endeared our Faiths to those who are undecided?” I answer unequivocally: NO! The G-d of the Jews, The God of Muslims, and the God of the Christians must hang his head in shame.

I am not here to debate Islam vs. Judaism vs. Christianity. I am here to ask, beg & plead all of my fellow ATS members of faith, regardless of the name of your God, to pray for peace. To pray that rational compassionate humans will win the day. Ask your god that He might settle this schism of faith once an for all time. And after your prayer, I ask my fellow believers to do what YOU can to mend this rift. And if you ask yourself, “What good can one person do?”; remember that each flood is a collection of single rain drops.

MODS: If you think this is not an acceptable forum, for this post, then please move it. I would only ask that you consider the question, “Has there ever been a more appropriate forum, than this one now?”

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So you only care about those religions and non other? What about Hinduism and Buddhism, are they not also in the middle-east or did you conveniently exclude them? What exactly is the purpose of this post anyway? You want everyone to start praying for unity?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
So you only care about those religions and non other? What about Hinduism and Buddhism, are they not also in the middle-east or did you conveniently exclude them? What exactly is the purpose of this post anyway? You want everyone to start praying for unity?

Quite the opposite really but seeing as this forum is about ME Conflict Hinduism and Buddhism are not really on topic. You ask questions about my intentions, but to be frank...if you do not see it for what it is, the thread, and my post, were not intended for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Imperium - you get my applause, well said with the finest of sentiments. I don't fit any organized religion - but I have been dead and yes there is "something" after. My spiritual CSR was Caribbean lady who told me to come back later as it wasn't my time yet.

Such an unbiased appeal is honourable and admirable. Hey, you aren't about killing anything human right? Killing is bad all ways, to my sensibilities.

BTW You may find yourself semi-sorta-kinda under attack for such moderate views - from both/all sides - some folks get their jollies by toying and baiting - like children pulling the wings of a fly or chasing ants with a magnifying glass and sun.

Thanx, well done,

Victor K.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Been praying.

Seems to have gotten worse since, but I stay praying.

I appreciate the topic, and your views on this

[edit on 30-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Been praying.

Seems to have gotten worse since, but I stay praying.

I appreciate the topic, and your views on this

[edit on 30-7-2006 by ImJaded]

Thank You!

I do find it sad that this thread is ignored, but if the subject was more ignorant and inflammatory there would have been 6 pages by now.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have an idea why don't we fully embrace globalism and then there won't be anymore wars there will not be any poverty since the control system will take care of all of us. I highly doubt that the promised made will be kept by our elites.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I dont think this problem would of occured if the Muslims, Jews and Christians had stuck to the core tenets of their faiths. The Islamic militant extremists and Zionists are an afront to the religions they falsely claim to represent. Neither of those groups actions are allowed, let alone sanctioned, by their religions.

The moderates on all sides of the religions will eventually prevail. Whether there is much left of the modern world to prevail over is another question. The meek will inherit the Earth? Let's hope its worth inheriting.

[edit on 31/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I have an idea why don't we fully embrace globalism and then there won't be anymore wars there will not be any poverty since the control system will take care of all of us. I highly doubt that the promised made will be kept by our elites.

I do not expect them to keep their promises either, but what does that have to do with this thread. I am not calling for a one-world religion. But I am calling for people of faith to pray for peace and unity.

Originally posted by subz
The meek will inherit the Earth? Let's hope its worth inheriting.

[edit on 31/7/06 by subz]

Well Said!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Primitive religions make primitive people. And that is what all 3 religions are. All worshipping a vengeful, jealous god.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"I do find it sad that this thread is ignored, but if the subject was more ignorant and inflammatory there would have been 6 pages by now. "
That's because that they would rather prove that their side is right and the other is wrong.
Thanks for bringing some civility to the board.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
while i agree with your attitude and your words of unity here i dont really have much hope for our future.

it just seems like no matter what humanity always has a way of screwing itself up somehow.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ehm, according to Mohamed it is perfectly acceptable to kill nonbelievers. And bible contains quite a lot examples of god endorsing or commiting genocide, so I don't think the "gods and ideals" must necessarily dissaprove current situation (well except Christ maybe, but his daddy seems to be pretty tough guy in this aspect).

new topics

top topics

join