It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nova Tonight: String Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well its just now starting

7:00pm Central
8:00pm Eastern

I love hearing about the String theory

more information about the string theory can be found here: String Theory Website

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I remember seeing something about the string theory ages ago. has it got something to do with an infinate number of dimensions that exist along side each other? where every alternative existence is possible. or is that something completely different?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You are on the right track
though the date of this program is 2003.. but theory(though young) has been around.

Its basiclly a way to explain everything in a simple way. The way gravity, electromagnetivity, and so forth work.. in a unified theory.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah but string theory is just another bullcrap theory on the road to unified theory or Quantom Relativity.

They did'nt even do a good job of explaining on why its going to be difficult to get Sub Atomic Physics to to fit into the general equasion of Relativity.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
Yeah but string theory is just another bullcrap theory on the road to unified theory or Quantom Relativity.

They did'nt even do a good job of explaining on why its going to be difficult to get Sub Atomic Physics to to fit into the general equasion of Relativity.

please feel free to explain this for the physics n00bs in the audience.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
I love hearing about the String theory

Which one of the five different string theories?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
if I've got this wrong then I'm gonna sound pretty stupid but I seem to remember from the programme that I saw something about an infinate number of parrallel universes existing in the same time and space. And that you could imagine them as a string that has been plucked that you can see vibrateing and seeming to be in several different places at the same time.I also seem to remember something about them suggeting that they could create a parallel universe in a laboratory but that it would only exist for a millisecond.Is this the same sort of thing that was in the programme that you watched tonight?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This was on David Lettermen not long ago.....It went over his head...and myn!

helen..

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I watched the program tonight and was rather disappointed. They advertised this earlier today on fox news channel and had an interview with the guy and made it seem like it was a must watch, but they didnt go into detail on any numbers.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
I watched the program tonight and was rather disappointed. They advertised this earlier today on fox news channel and had an interview with the guy and made it seem like it was a must watch, but they didnt go into detail on any numbers.

:flame
++++++

Here...Here....thehippydude. mostly the showboat was doing his best to imitate the "Copperfield" mystyke

the 'SUPERSTRING' far from being PROfound or breaking NEW ground...

only sounded like the "DNA double-helix" put into an energy context substituting for the chemical platform, which our genetic engineers are manipulating every day.

(taking the 'strings' apart might reveal smaller components, just as the DNA 'string' combines G,A,T,C
'building blocks')

& i was really hoping for a journey into mumbo-jumbo,
philosophical quagmires, bizzarro world stuff,,,

OH WELL...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is others ideas about related subjects:

from cassiopaea.com

Q: Okay, we will study supernovae. (A) I have a question about UFT. A piece from Einstein's biography says that in 1931, Einstein and Mayer re-formulated
Kaluza five dimensional theory, retaining a four-dimensional space- time. I would like to know if it was a step back or a step forward when they did this?
A: Step back, then forward.
Q: (L) The paper was a step back and then they stepped forward in secret?
A: Close.
Q: (A) Next question: three weeks ago you mentioned in relation to UFT pentagons and hexagons. I have here a pentagon and a mathematical formula under
pentagon which for me, relates to a pentagon, and it has x, y, z, three dimension; time, which is one dimension, and perhaps the fifth dimension, which
corresponds to the fifth. Is this association of pentagon with this mathematical symbol below correct?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) I want to ask if you ever told us to do something with a Tesla coil which I failed to record or got lost somewhere?
A: Maybe. Gravity waves, pentagon is the foundation; hexagon is the conclusion.
Q: (A) I want to go back to this little mathematical formula here. I have here a plus or minus and I don't know which sign to take in front of this field variable.
Should it be plus like x, y and z, or should it be minus, like with t?
A: Minus.
Q: (A) Related to these gravity waves, in 1936 Einstein wrote a paper which was rejected, in which he claims to have discovered that there are no gravity
waves. When you talk...
A: Cloak for others. Einstein knew differently, but was forced to comply for political and security reasons.
Q: (A) Should gravity be quantized as other fields?
A: It can be.
Q: (A) But, if it is quantized, it will be gravitons, and you said that there are no gravitons...
A: Gravitons are really electrons within a time vacuum.
Q: (A) Physicists today and for the past 5 or 10 years have been trying to build a theory of everything which is built on the idea of strings - that everything is
composed of oscillating strings - they call it SuperString Theory. Is the idea of strings any good?
A: No.

top topics

join