It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question directed to Freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hello,

I had a few questions pertaining to both the Scottish and York rites.

I understand that before entering either the Scottish or York rites, the candidate must first progress through the blue lodge and become a Master Mason (3rd Degree)

Once this degree is attained, the Master Mason then can decide on which path he wishes to follow. York, Scottish, M.O.V.P.E.R, A.A.O.N.M.S etc

However, my question for the York rite is as follows:

Lets say you are a high ranking York Freemason belonging to the Order of the Red Cross, and you proceed to the next stage, the order of the knights Malta.
Do you retain affiliation with the Order of the Red Cross and progress, or are you "graduated" into the next order in succession?

Question for Scottish Rite
Also am I correct in assuming that as far as the Scottish rite is concerned, it is all inclusive(except from the blue lodge Master Masons) unlike the York rite which is formulated of a few seperate, but interconnected, bodies?

Also
Are officer postition like Chaplin, WGM, etc reserved only for Master Masons?

As far as scottish Degrees 4-33 are concerned where do the rituals take place- scottish rite lodges?

Do other York rite elevations, like royal arch, take place in York rite lodges?

Thanks alot,
Distracto

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Distracto]

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Distracto]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I cannot address the York Rite question, but as far as the Scottish Rite, once you have obtained the 32º, you are considered a member of the Lodge Of Perfection (4º-14º), the Chapter Of Rose Croix (15º-18º), the Council Of Kadosh (19º-30º)and also the Consitory (31º and 32º).

Speaking purely from my own experiences in my Orient and Valley, occasionally meetings will be held for the Chapter or the Council and only members who have obtained those degress may attend. However rare in this day and age, it is possible for some Brothers to take a lengthy amount of time to progress through all of the degrees, which limits their participation and/or attendance in some meetings.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distracto

However, my question for the York rite is as follows:

Lets say you are a high ranking York Freemason belonging to the Order of the Red Cross, and you proceed to the next stage, the order of the knights Malta.
Do you retain affiliation with the Order of the Red Cross and progress, or are you "graduated" into the next order in succession?

Once being an admitted to the Order of the Red Cross, you are always a member of it unless you resign, or are suspended or expelled.

Question for Scottish Rite
Also am I correct in assuming that as far as the Scottish rite is concerned, it is all inclusive(except from the blue lodge Master Masons) unlike the York rite which is formulated of a few seperate, but interconnected, bodies?

As Specter mentioned, the Scottish Rite is divided into four bodies (Lodge of Perfection, Chapter of Rose Croix, Council of Kadosh, and Consistory). The way this works is similar to that of the York Rite.

Also
Are officer postition like Chaplin, WGM, etc reserved only for Master Masons?

In most US Jurisdictions, only Master Masons can hold office and attend monthly business meetings. Business meetings are opened on the Third Degree, barring attendance by Entered Apprentices and Fellow Crafts. The logic behind this is that only Master Masons are required to pay dues; therefore, only they have the right to vote and hold office.

As far as scottish Degrees 4-33 are concerned where do the rituals take place- scottish rite lodges?

Most large cities have Scottish Rite Temples, where the degrees of the Rite are conferred. Scottish Rite Temples also have monthly business meetings like Blue Lodges.

Do other York rite elevations, like royal arch, take place in York rite lodges?

Yes, although most York Rite organizations meet in Blue Lodges, where they share the rent, utilities, and other expenses, whereas most Scottish Rite bodies have their own buildings.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This, while interesting IMHO, is not conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join