It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: First impressions? (Updated: Goodbye BTS!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I will always fondly remember BTS as that haven away from the chaos and madness of ATS. A bright shining jewel in the endless expanse of cyberspace. A glistening paradise, an anti /b/ if you will.

People often said that BTS was a place threads were sent to die, I disagreed with them, it was not a place where threads went to die, it was a place where great threads truly shined. It was a place where our creativity and our humor could be expressed without the fear of reprisal from the vast hordes. A true online community was born in BTS, a place of family, and friendships. And while some might have found the discussions silly, we felt they were discussions worth having.

R.I.P. BTS, you will always be remembered, and you will always be missed.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Cr*p......maybe I should put some effort into waking up first!! Where is my coffee??

Goodbye BTS???

Peace

edit on 11-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Clueless

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Farewell BTS... We spent so much time together... I shall miss your comforting arms, where I would go to hide from the cruel world of conspiracies and alien anal probes... I hope that you find peace in that far off land known as the virtual afterlife... May you be rejoined by your faithful companion mutter... *sobs*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce3477cc37a9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Goodbye BTS!!!

I feel like I did when I was a kid and my secret fort in the woods got plowed over to make a new subdivision!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by William

Personally I rarely post in BTS, I had a thread moved there once, never went back and visited it though

I am still trying to get used to the new front page, I even wrote on another thread to Skeptic Overlord that I hated it, I don't like the look, it seems cold and generic, and I liked the black background with all the different colors, that way the threads I was interested in stood out, now they all blend together. That is my 2 cents, but I still love coming to ATS, and thank goodness it looks the same once you get on a thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
R.I.P. BTS!

The Residents - Six More Miles

...and welcome back home, BTS!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Long live BTS.

they might change the name
they can.t change the spirit

BTS helped me to adjust to ATS
most of the friends i found on ATS
i have found on BTS

so i will always have loving memories for BTS

welcome back home

Lets rock the forum

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hello BTS, er "off topic"
As one who never really ventured over to see you, I find myself visiting more and more to your new home. Glad you moved closer!

Merge successful IMO

edit on September 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

RIP, BTS.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
BTS, we'll always remember you!

I Still Can't Say Goodbye - Chet Atkins

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
BTS was the casual, laid back member of the Above Top Secret Network. BTS did not require Conspiracies or Stars to spread it's love and appeal among the ATS membership. It was always there to provide comfort and solitude for those stressed out by the topics of ATS. It provided an easy and convenient way to escape the intricacies of life, successfully utilising the fun and the humorous.

Thank you for all that you gave us, BTS, and we hope that you find your final resting place Mutter Free - just the way you liked it.

R.I.P. BTS

edit on 13/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hey at least we don't have to log in twice now, isn't that a good thing?

BTS might get some more attention now, but then again maybe that's why some ATS members liked it, it was a stealth type of forum. Now it is front and center with ATS.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join