It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is man so quik to proclaim that god ordained their way of worship and everyone elses is wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i find today as i did in the great religouse or spiritual wars of the past that men become to think they are god are they know the way that the great one wishes htem to worship or pray and all that dont pray like they do are slain or outcaster, even tortured. but what is it that man must be so hateful why man cannot let others pray in the way that brings them spiritual enlightnment. has it been the spiritual ego of us as humans that blind us from understanding that all paths lead to the same god some or just longer then others. or do u all think that it is mans lust to control or dominate others using any means possiable i would like to hear ur views.

also many people think to change other people by setting them into some spiritual euphoria are to cleanse evil from them by force.
do u al think people are easly inspired to change by words or giving them the knowledge and the choice to change them self from what ever path they are own weather it be spiritual or just something happening in life
just some things to think about would love to hear ur responses and i hope this becomes a good topic

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
and not by the father of all creation but by his fellow men(and the lizard got worshipped by the early jews) through family,school,media, and other formas of communication to be jealous,cowardly, and judgemental of other men that do not share the same beliefs...
only those with strong intuition(spiritual that is) and the desire to understand the truth versus what they are told have any chance whatsoever of realizing who the true perpatrators are...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Because with the "supposed" Divine Authority...Man feels he/she can sway the masses and multitudes and can use Divine authority to become the "fault". It also allows the one proclaiming Divine Authority the ability to sleep at night........

Note: there are more reasons to go along with this....this is but a couple.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me and my stuborn, jaded opinion or something but it seems that the "Mine/Yours" God argument is and was a major thing from the start of "Christian/Catholic" Faiths. BUT BEFORE ANYONE GET'S THE WRONG IDEA....LET ME EXPLAIN....PLEASE!!

I know Religious Wars have been happening throughout Human history. I'm talking about 5 centuryish B.C. Eastern Religions. If you were to take Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist for example it is common to incorperate the understanding of other Religions. Hindu especially with Brahman and all of the images of Gods and Goddesses. It's of the idea that God has infinite Persona's or forms and allowing the similar ideas of other religions link with Hindu is normal. The "Judeo-Christian/Catholic" seems to be real hard nosed about saying No you're wrong we're right, your God is not ours. Do you know what I mean. It just doesn't seem very "Open, Accepting, Tolerant, Loving, etc" of other cultures.

P.S. Is "Judeo-Christian" the proper way to address the Major Sum of all the different versions?? (ie. Baptist/Christian/Lutheran/Catholic/etc) If someone could let me know cause I would like to know a easy short way of writting it to make things easy...Thanx.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Is "Judeo-Christian" the proper way to address the Major Sum of all the different versions??

Yes that would be a correct term to use when you refer to the sum of Jewish and Christian denominations. The Roman Catholic Church is presumeably a Christian organization. What drives me up the way is when people refer to the "church" when they really mean the Roman Catholic Church. The "church" is the sum total of believers in Christ, not just the organization or the physical building. Also the Hindu concept of reincarnation permits them to believe or accept other understandings of belief systems. All is nothing more than an incarnation of Brahma. The Hindus believe that the God Vishnu has been incarnated several times (Balarama, Krishna, etc.). The Hindus see Jesus Christ as being one of the avataras of Vishnu (along with Buddha).

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Also the Hindu concept of reincarnation permits them to believe or accept other understandings of belief systems. All is nothing more than an incarnation of Brahma. The Hindus believe that the God Vishnu has been incarnated several times (Balarama, Krishna, etc.). The Hindus see Jesus Christ as being one of the avataras of Vishnu (along with Buddha).

Thanks for the Judeo-Christian thing!!

I know comparing Hindu, Buddhist, and Tao is almost not fair as they are VERY Similar, but you get the idea. I don't really know much about Islam and Muslim but what I find strange, and sometimes get labeled as a Heathen or Satan worshiper, etc. is that a lot of Judeo-Christian Followers seem so abrasive about this EXACT version of God. Not so much Jesus, but God the Creator/Father. What I would say in detail about How God speaks to me, or how I can See/Hear/Feel God everywhere, etc. is often attacked by Christians. However it's not an offensive or skewed idea that I am usually talking about, in fact just the opposite. To me it seems more boundless and impossible to almost even speak in words. I find this to be a bit misguided in my opinion on their part. (Just some, not all of course)

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowhart
i find today as i did in the great religouse or spiritual wars of the past that men become to think they are god are they know the way that the great one wishes htem to worship or pray and all that dont pray like they do are slain or outcaster, even tortured. but what is it that man must be so hateful why man cannot let others pray in the way that brings them spiritual enlightnment. has it been the spiritual ego of us as humans that blind us from understanding that all paths lead to the same god some or just longer then others. or do u all think that it is mans lust to control or dominate others using any means possiable i would like to hear ur views.

also many people think to change other people by setting them into some spiritual euphoria are to cleanse evil from them by force.
do u al think people are easly inspired to change by words or giving them the knowledge and the choice to change them self from what ever path they are own weather it be spiritual or just something happening in life
just some things to think about would love to hear ur responses and i hope this becomes a good topic

Not all PATHS lead to the true and rightous path !
Yes people can worship how they want .....it is free will God gave to man from the beginning!
''Free will'' is something that each of us have....to be able to use it, one must know what they will benefit out of it....knowledge comes in many different sources and how one chooses to use the knowledge is of their own accord....
You cannot force someone to accept a BELIEF if their heart is not in it..or if one seeks to please only themselves and find what they think is to be of TRUTH ....
Man from the beginning sought to please God...but fell away because they sought ''Greater knowledge'' or so they thought!
Man will always go to great lengths to please themselves and do according to what their own mind tells them.......Does that make it TRUTH?
If one truly wishes to know themselves one needs to sacrifice themselves first.....And from the days of John the Baptist until now
the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and
the violent take it by force.
St. Matthew 11:12
He that hath ears to hear,
let him hear.
St. Matthew 11:15

The Apostle tells us that "the God who commanded the light to shine out of the darkness has shined in our hearts, to give the light of knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.�[2 Cor 4:6

�We are troubled from every side,� the Apostle says, �yet not distressed. We are perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not forsaken, cast down but not destroyed, always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be manifest in our body.�(2 Cor 4:8-10 )

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
that the father of all creations would love less a creation that practiced different ways of expressing their love toward the father of all creation...
get with the program/oh my bad you are the program...
but its ok all is not lost, jesus did not die for your sins but for you to see with your own eyes the depths of and ways satan and his minions attempt to hijack the souls and minds of men...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
that the father of all creations would love less a creation that practiced different ways of expressing their love toward the father of all creation...
get with the program/oh my bad you are the program...
but its ok all is not lost, jesus did not die for your sins but for you to see with your own eyes the depths of and ways satan and his minions attempt to hijack the souls and minds of men...

Who is that being addressed to??

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say all these people are Satan's Minions. That is a bit harsh. I think many people may have a misunderstanding of the Bible or God or whatever. Many of these people have spent their lives mainly just listening to Televangelists or a bad "Representative" or something. Maybe it's all the same in your opinion Bigsage. As I guess I can see that description being a "Minion". Minion to me seems more like a active role of evil though. I think many people are just confused or have been mislead because they've trusted the shepard too much which has left the flock astray.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
but if one be a bit blinded by ego i will say it in devilish english for one to another...
only satan and his minions would MAKE people believe...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
but if one be a bit blinded by ego i will say it in devilish english for one to another...
only satan and his minions would MAKE people believe...

Ahhh......I actually did catch that clever poetry Bigsage....Although I did not give credit, where credit was do at first, so I passed it by without properly letting your words find fertile ground.

Now I see.
(Said the blind man to his deaf daughter who was eating her soup with a fork!)

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
hopefully none recieved...
1 love..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Religions are used as justification for wars as such the indoctrination incorporates the themes, needed to make this possible.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I dont agree with your statement Toltec,

My religion never carried out any wars in the name of God, Only when war was brought to them did the stand and fight for what they believed.

You should do a bit of research on the history of Sikhism.
Though many wars were fought they were not fought like those fought that you talk of.
Deep

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Religions are used as justification for wars as such the indoctrination incorporates the themes, needed to make this possible.

I, unfortunatly, totally agree. At least in the same way that I would say the Book is not the Story. The words are not the ideas. The scriptures are not the lessons. One can memorize everything and still end up knowing nothing. To know how is not to know why.

What I can't figure out is the amount of intentional misdirection in comparison to the amount of misunderstanding. The latter of course being the one I hope is more true as it is much less foul in nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is going to sound stupid,
I never really read your post to deeply Toltec,

You are right though, Men use Religion to make ends meet, in a negative and positive manner.
Deep

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
any institution of the "new" age is predominantly used for the purpose of "his" minions, weather or not the people who exist in these intsitiutions are good matters not...
respect for all that is is all that matters...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have had a LOT of paranormal experiences...including being an abductee. My feeling about religion is this:
What is, is. That is to say, if you see a dog, that is a dog. If you see an "alien", that is an alien. Aliens do not intend to be worshipped....at least not these days.
There is not much difference between aliens, angels and God. All are "not of this Earth", therefore by definition they are "aliens".
When people talk about spirit and soul, they usually agree. When they start to talk about various PROPHETS and SCRIPTURES....that is where the disagreement comes in. It is almost as if the minute something is written down and "organized" people start arguing.
As far as wars are concerned, "religious wars" are the hardest to deal with. Fighting over land is tangible. You can see the borders, etc. When the fight is over "religion" who can PROVE anyone is really wrong? Thus the fighting continues.
If the Space Aliens intend to show themselves, NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME....before we blow ourselves up!

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i found that the enteties that looked human but i obvoiusly knew they were not, were precarious because of "common" mans combatative nature...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This free will argument is a bit flawed to say the least, I suspect it's the get out clause for believers to feel better about a god who damns those who do not subscribe to a set way of worship and belief.
You have a hundred paths and each one guarded by a hysterical tout, all shouting that their way is the only way, all claiming direct knowledge from the bible/koran etc and all claiming that the others are just satan in disguise attemting to lead man astray. So who do you choose, more to the point who do you believe?
Free will is surely about being able to take an action based on observation and informed choice, not standing in a maze being hounded by a hundred differing believers, none of whom has nothing more in the way of proof other than their own conviction about themselves.
That's not free will it's confusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join