It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon exploring militarizing the border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
www.chron.com...

It's about time!!!!

even though it is pretty clear the ones already here will be given amnesty....this is a step in the right firction to stop the hemoraging

Prior to this the minutemen where the only once to take a hard stance against this problem, hopefully we can stop the flood into the country if the military is deployed along the border.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I wonder how they plan to man the border? Most troops available are either back from Iraq, or over there. The others havn't finished training, obviously unusable. Then there are those who are all trained and were "active duty", but happen to be inactive.

It was said that the returned troops would be able to return to civilian jobs, but will they? There is the eight year military service "obligation". If the IRR or NG can be used, better for them. Keeps'em trained more than sitting around. Not exactly cheap maintaining readiness on a "zero based budget". What are they thinkin?!

I tell you what, if the government will have me on it.
Personally my self, I will head up an IRR task force, specifically for border security.
Allow for presentation of requirements, and raw operating plan. I'm open for going over the methods involved, and will focus on a combined effort to maintain fluid readiness.

Enough with those pork bellied policians, pushin pencils flabbergasting about.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It appears that Bush is also considering the use of the National Gaurd on the southern borders. Even if it is a 'stopgap', it is far better than what exists now.

Article Link

mg

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The border is not even yours to defend. You devils make me sick.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The question that I would like answered is :

Is the militarisation of the USA's borders actually to

a) keep future illegal immigrants out, or

b) keep future seditious dissenters in, or

c) control (for profit!!) of narcotics via liberal drug nations Canada and Mexico, or

d) all of the above?

top topics

join