It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Statistics is Mandatory for a Course of Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
We can track the positions of all humans, potential weapons, and weapons. None of this means anything without best-in-the world statistical analysis and decision-making. The USA needs the best statisticians in the world for ALL purposes!!!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree. I think more people need to learn at least basic statistics. The world would be quite a bit different if the average person knew how to use statistical methods to make decisions, and analyze information.

I propose we start an internet-based statistics study group. We could start by going over probability and statistics. It could start with forum postings on various topics, and then we could have discussions on the forums, and schedule internet chat times to discuss various problems.

We could also try combining it with more statistical-based research for ATS. What do you think? U2U me if you are interested in participating in such a project, or have ideas on how best to implement it.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
crontab, you see some light in statistics like I do. Thank you for your friendly response and excellent proposals.

If anybody else is interested in crontab's proposals, please U2U him.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The problem is that 85% of statistics are made up.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nygdan, how do you define "made up"? Do you mean that most people conjure up statistics for their own decision-making rather than think of published statistics?

new topics

top topics

join