It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight 93 movie forum "highjacked" by truthseekers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thought this interesting. Wanted to post the link and get some feedback.
Evidently, truthseekers are posting so many opposing opinions to the "official story" on the flight 93 movie forum, the moderators are having to delete entire threads in real time. Check it out.

prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There are some awesome, awesome posts on this Universal forum.

Just one of them:

www.universalpictures.com...

A pity the writers, director, and producers of this movie didn't do their basic homework and, as a result, THE MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN INVADED WITH THE TRUTH.

Look, you put out government propaganda, you take your lumps with the rest of the goverment shills, flacks, and collaborators.

How much more exciting and thrilling would have been a movie that dealt with all the absolutely impossible things that were supposed to have actually happened on that flight. How much more adventurous and creepy to see that plane, flying along, no one at the controls, everyone on board knocked out from Sarin, while cell phone calls were made to the poor families from some black op boiler room? Imagine the haste of assembling a crew of untrained soundalikes (helped with documented already existing digital voiceprinting, reproduction, and modeling technology) that made basic mistakes like

"Mom? This is your son, John SMITH. (And later in the same call) You believe me, don't you?"

Imagine the horror of those in charge of the operation when they realized ...More

I wish we could invite them to ATS and continue the discussion.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
From the same thread:

OF COURSE I HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. You couldn't PAY ME to view this Rovian wet dream, even in a historical context of classic Nazi propaganda.
And the cell phone call I paraphrased above? It's not from the movie, IT'S FROM THE ACTUAL TRANSCRIPTS OF THE SUPPOSED CALLS.

Do your research and stay off the beach... skin cancer is not pretty.

Tears rolling from my cheeks.....

If xbj were on ATS I would vote for him/her until my mouse button broke.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Last one:

We apologize for the removal of the message boards - due to technical difficulties all previous threads have been inadvertantly deleted. We invite you to renew your dialog and discuss your thoughts on the film.

Technical difficulties? That´s the understatement of the year so far.

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That board will be torn to shreds by all the fighting.I dont think they really moderate those types of boards like such places as here.After reading some of those, if one were able to reach into their moniter and punch someone, there would be a few black eyes for sure!

I think many of us could see this coming a mile away.I am quite sure IMDB comments will be the same way.Just think, in a few months we will see this again when Oliver Stone's 9/11 comes out.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that Oliver Stone was making a movie about 9/11. Do you have any links to this? Do you think his movie will be the "official version" of what happened, or will it be more like JFK? Any info you could provide about this movie would be appreciated.

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
World Trade Center (2006)
www.imdb.com...

Also Known As:
September (USA) (working title)
Untitled Oliver Stone/September 11 Project (USA) (working title)

www.wtcmovie.com... ( nowhere near a complete site )
Nicolas Cage
Stephen Dorff
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Jay Hernandez

... to name a few.There are actually many 'known' stars in this movie.

Plot Summary for
World Trade Center (2006)

In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin (Cage) and William J. Jimeno (Pena), the last two survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes of that fateful time in the history of the United States when buildings would fall and heroes would rise, literally from the ashes to inspire the entire human race.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by SMR]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
SMR- just wanted to say thanks. As of this post, I haven't checked it out yet, but rest assured I will. I'll post another comment on my conclusion based on this movie. I'm a fan of Oliver Stone, so I was pleased to hear he's doing a movie on 911.

I can't think of any "mainstream" director that could do it half as well as he could, but I still have to research the links.

Rest assured, I'll make another post on this thread with my conclusions. Watch for it in a day or two. Any thoughts on Oliver Stones movie from anyone?

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Chezz]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

.....while cell phone calls were made to the poor families from some black op boiler room? Imagine the haste of assembling a crew of untrained soundalikes (helped with documented already existing digital voiceprinting, reproduction, and modeling technology) that made basic mistakes like

"Mom? This is your son, John SMITH. (And later in the same call) You believe me, don't you?"
www.universalpictures.com...

I especially like that, typical 911 'Truthseeker' accuracy and fact bending to desperately try and create 'evidence'.

The 'actual' transcript, as what is available is from people's memory and there appear to be conflicting accounts everywhere:

Mark: Mom, this is Mark Bingham. I want to let you know that I love you. I'm calling from the plane. We've been taken over. There are three men that say they have a bomb.

or other reports suggested that Alice and Mark actually spoke.

Mark: I want you to know that I love you very much and I'm calling from the plane. I'm in the air. I'm calling on the air phone of the airplane. We've been taken over, there are three men that say they have a bomb.
Mark: You believe me, don't you?
Alice: Yes, Mark. I believe you. But who are these guys?
Mark: I don't know who they are (repeats that he loves her)
en.wikipedia.org...:Sherurcij/phonecalls

"Hello, Mom, this is Mark Bingham," he said, using his last name, which immediately alerted Alice that something was wrong. He told her three men were on board, and they had a bomb (it is still uncertain if there was a fourth accomplice). He told Alice he loved her, and she told him the same. "There was a long pause; someone seemed to be talking to him and he seemed distracted. He asked me if I believed him. I said, `Yes, I believe you.' " Then the phone went dead.
Cached page (main link down)

Some excerpts from an interview with 9/11 families a couple fo months back:

HOGLAN: He called me. He called us. He talked first to Carol (INAUDIBLE), then to my sister-in-law Kathy (ph) who I heard her say "We love you too Mark. Let me get your mom." And she handed me the phone and said "Alice, come talk to Mark. He's been hijacked" and that's when I took the phone.

KING: Were any of the transcripts to your knowledge, Ty, actual? I mean were the sounds the actual sounds of the cockpit?

OLSSON: My understanding is that all the recordings of the phone calls were transcripts from actual phone calls. I'm not sure if that's correct.

HOGLAN: Yes. Your conversation with your mom on the -- in the movie was pretty true to form.

KING: You know what I mean none of the actual cockpit conversations are actual right?

HOGLAN: Well, we were interviewed (INAUDIBLE) family members were interviewed pretty extensively by Nevin Shriner (ph) who did a remarkable job of their screenplay on this and so, yes, there was some that were actual...

KING: But it's all the screenplay version.

HOGLAN: Well, yes, but the screenplay did...

KING: Was actual, yes, OK.

HOGLAN: ...did authentically record what happened.

This bit was interesting:
As a flight attendant, I had a little more insight and some of the sounds meant something to me. You heard some of the auto voice recordings that we heard as flight attendants pretty regularly already. I heard the sound of the auto pilot being kicked in and out because Zaid Jarrah did not know how to control that.

The recreation of the call in the movie:
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Mark.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mother, it's Mark Bingham. I'm on a flight from Newark to San Francisco. Three guys are on board. They say they have a bomb.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A bomb? Mark, Mark, who are these guys?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The question is, can anybody fly a plane? That's paramount for us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mark, are you there?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This isn't a single engine.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mark?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I don't know. I think so.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What's the alternative?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mark.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mom?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mark, who are these guys?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You believe me, don't you, mother?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I believe you. Who are these guys?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mother?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Mark?

transcripts.cnn.com...

Funny how the full transcript makes it pretty clear that the 'You believe me...' is in relation to the statement about the plane being hijacked (which I worked out all by myself before I even found the transcript).. Of course that isn't really good evidence for anything, so a little tweaking, taking away... Also changing the name used to make it harder to find the relevant transcript if your not up to speed with every piece of information (say a casual observer that can't be bothered to research - might shock you but not everyone has a library of 9/11 info intheir heads) and BINGO! We have some EVIDENCE!!

The only suspicious thing is him using his last name, but if you're used to making phone calls frequently for business for instance, in a situation like this where you are under a lot of stress habits can creep through. I often answer my home phone/mobile for instance with our company name out of habit.
Obviously our friends decided that this only piece of 'evidence' in this phone call was not quite enough even by their standards, so why not tweak it around to make it more convincing huh?

Let the truth be found.... Just as soon as we make it

And you have the nerve to scream the Government makes it all up as if you're so angely whiter than white than anyone else.... The crying shame is that the majority of 'evidence' on the 'truth' side appears to be bulked up by other similar tweaks, context changes, exaggerations and often a general lack of knowledge. But as the majority of the populace is dumb who cares huh? They won't figure it out and as long as we have people fighting the good fight... ay comrades?

What was that book again? Animal Farm I think.....

[edit on 29-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Saw this in another forum discussing the movie...

[edit on 2006-4-29 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Boxcutters can actually cause rather nasty injuries, more so than an ordinary small knife.
Unless anyone has been personally attacked with one or seen it happening I really wouldn't underestimate it. Christ I've seen someone seriously hospitalised by someone using a 1" bladed pen knife, there were plenty of big lads around including the victim's and they didn't want to take the guy on who was only a 16 year old kid... No Government conspiracy there however.
It's difficult to really stress the point as I can only talk from personal experience, I'll try and illustrate with a few links but it doesn't do it justice:

90-Pound Mom Charged In Box-Cutter Attack On Son

On Saturday, the 90-pound woman initially told police that David Sistrunk pushed her down and made her angry, reports showed.

Police said Sistrunk's carotid artery was cut, causing him to lose a large amount of blood, officials said.

Palm Bay Fire Rescue paramedics treated Sistrunk as he was rushed to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne.

He was expected to survive the injury, officials said.
www.local6.com...

Man stabbed and slashed with a boxcutter by his wife. Multiple wounds with one on the flexor surface of the wrist actively bleeding from the distal ulnar artery. Given that finding the artery was ligated. Palmar arch found to be intact by doppler. Discharged Monday.
www.cut-to-cure.blogspot.com...

If anyone thinks that a boxcutter is harmless and not very daunting, I highly suggest experiencing someone wildly slashing at you with one and see if you change your opinion on the matter, once you've finished healing and the tendons have repaired themselves enough to allow you to use the keyboard again write about the experience.

You see, not only is it agonisingly painful just to be slashed, it really opens up all those veins and arteries on your limbs and neck a real treat, then you can have all sorts of fun (with a little knowledge) cutting the tendons in certain places on people's arms, legs, shoulders and neck leaving them a crippled bleeding mess.
The real beauty is that if someone tries to come at you or defend themselves the blade (you gotta have a good sharp one) just cuts through the flesh like it's not there, the blood which quickly ends up all other your hands, the assailant and yourself is really slippery which actually makes it quite hard to get a grip on the person, assuming that they haven't cut those tendons yet of course, which would mean you can't anyway!

At the end of the day, no-one knew that the hijack was not going to be like any other and end as 'normal', flight 93 found out and they did fight back.

The main point is that no-one, not even top-knob ex military guys have special blade resistant skin, everyone has a life and families to think about and no-one's usually eager to be the first in line to get injured or killed.
Also, as a plane is quite narrow you can't surround the person and you can only have a couple of people attacking at a time, the people behind having to climb over the writhering mess of bodies on the floor in front.

Bearing in mind also that they sprayed CS gas in the cabin so you're doing all this while you can't see properly of course.

It's a shame we can't post explicit pictures on here because it might give a much needed reality check.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You're really reaching for shot now, AgentSmith.

Who the HELL says "mom, this is John Doe?"

It's an utter JOKE!!! I don't know about y'all, but most people I know are called NICKNAMES by their parents! You're talking to your MOM, you say hey MOM, and then say your full name? Why not say hey, mom, this is (your nickname)? If you don't have a nickname, why not hey mom, it's me? If not that, why not hey mom, it's (your first name)?

TOTAL taurus feces.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If you were going to fake it then why say the full name?
Being 'busy' is an understatement compared to this situation, but when you've answered the phone when driving or in the middle of something with your mind away, or even made a phone call in similar circumstances it's easy to automatically speak how you would in your job for instance.
If he was brought up properly to use the phone like I was then he's probably used to saying his full name when introducing himself. Obviously, as you say, you would not normally do this when speaking to your own mother, but as I said when under stress/distracted it's quite common to lapse into autonomous mode.
It's really not very complicated, it's 'reaching' to think that if the phone calls were faked someone would be stupid enough to make such a blunder and I hardly think that if it was the incorrect voice they would feel it sufficient to simply state the name of the person instead

And as that's the only issue in this case why not concentrate on that instead of warping the rest of dialogue to create a false impression of what was said and it's context? That's what I had a real problem with, obviously the 'Truthseeker' in this case also felt that this slip of the tongue was not quite enough and decided to add a little artistic licence into the mix to get their point across.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I was just wondering how 'they' know that the hijackers even used boxcutters?

There are no surviving witnesses and no black box flight recorders, so how does anyone even know what happened on board Flight 93 or any of the other flights for that matter?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually on this one the transcripts talk about knives. I guess this was the flight they had those special non-metallic knives you can get which can't be detected?
You can get cheap crap like this for $6 - $8:

www.extremely-sharp.com...
www.keepshooting.com...

And there is much better professional gear around too.

They are designed for covert operatives to use lethally so I imagine they are pretty effective.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Cheers for the links Agent Smith

Goodnight ATS see you all tomorrow

top topics

join