It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grandfather's close encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My grandfather is in his late 70's. He has lived in upstate NY all of his life. He's not the type of person who lies EVER. He's a very dry, down to earth person. If you met him you would know what I mean. But recently he told me of a UFO encounter he had a long time ago after I told him of my interest in UFOs for the past 6 years. I'll try to be as brief as possible...

The year was 1972 and he was a sargent on the sheriff's highway patrol in Albany NY. He pulled over to the side of a remote country back road to take a leak as weird as that sounds (sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). All of a sudden he told me a very bright beam of light shown down on him. He said it was brighter than any light he had every seen.

He said he looked up but it was hard to make out the shape as the very bright light was directly in his face, but what he could make out it was round shaped. He did notice a sort of humming sound which he thought at first was his radio in the car. And then in only a few seconds the light turned off and it sped off very fast. He said he was scared out of his mind.

In shock he got back into his car and sped off. Then a few minutes later he received several calls on his radio to go to people's houses in the area because they had just seen a strange thing in the sky. He said he went to a farm house where a lady said her dogs were acting very strange, like freaking out very bad ect. She said she had seen something strange in the sky over here house.

All in all there were several UFO reports that came in that night near Albany NY and it even made the Albany news paper the very next day! He told me he doesn't remember if he had any missing time or anything like that, but he knew for sure that what ever it was it wasn't a plane, helicopter, or anything else he could think. He said it was directly over head and very close to him, not some object way up in the sky.

He recently had a 3rd heart attack so I'm glad he told me about this before he dies. It's sad to think about. I don't really talk or see him much since I live 1,000+ miles away from him. I hope you all enjoyed this. I know I feel honored that he told me about this...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very interesting. I would like to ask you the following questions:

1. Did he experience headaches or chest pains after his encounter?

2. Was that his only encounter in his life?

3. Has your family ever been subject to other encounters?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'll ask him about the headaches.

This was his 1 and only encounter.

I don't know anyone else in my family who has had any UFO encounters besides him. I do have an uncle who works for EG&G in Palmdale California with a Top Secret clearance, my father is high ranking in the FAA, and I've had this weird high interest in UFOs since I was a child really and my initials are ET. Just a few strange things that I doubt really mean anything but all seem to fit together.

He's now a court Judge in Albany NY. He never lies. So I know he's telling me the truth.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
meshuggah1324,

That's pretty cool that your interested in the topic and your Grandfather opened up to you about his experience. Many people do not.

I doubt he has headaches because of the UFO however, as this is not something people tend to report.

It would be interesting to see if you could turn up the News Paper articles.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just emailed the Albany newpaper to see if they could possibly send me a copy of it. My Grandfather says he thought he had the article somewhere but is unable to locate it. But he assured me that an article was in the paper the next day about the UFO sightings in the area. He simply had a very close encounter. Whether or not that was the only UFO people were seeing it's hard to say...

What impressed me the most was how when I asked him if it made any noise he said he heard a slight humming sound. That freaked me out. And how fast he said the thing took off.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your thread, thanks

new topics

top topics

join