It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fight against Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hello all!

Cancer is a very serious dilemma among many in the world today. Seemingly it looks as as generations move on, the Liklihood of getting cancer will go up. Just curious however, what are some methods or products that you've come across within your travels that seem to help in the fight against cancer.

My mom who just got over serious breast cancer and was just diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on her back, takes in Green Tea and Water as her normal consumption.

Green Tea and Water to me seem like the safe way to go, reducing stress I understand is a big factor (have to let your body heal, take everything softly, don't get too worried or riled up), and consuming foods that aren't as bound to be carcinogenic helps just as well. Meats with hormones etc in them is an example - the less intake of unnatural substances - the healthier you're bound to be!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am all for the new healthy herbal thing, I guess...but there is a real danger of possibly overdosing on these fine herbal remedies, just like anything else. Moderation is key

Source
Who should not take green tea?
• Do not use green tea without first talking to your doctor if you have
· heart problems or high blood pressure,
· kidney disease,
· an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism),
· an anxiety or nervous disorder, or
· a bleeding or blood clotting disorder or if you take a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).
• Green tea contains a large amount of caffeine and may be problematic if used by people with any of the conditions listed above. You may not be able to use green tea, or your doctor or health care provider may recommend a lower dose or special monitoring.
• Before taking green tea, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care professional if you have allergies (especially to plants), have any medical condition, or if you take other medicines or other herbal/ health supplements. Green tea may not be recommended in some situations.

Here is a good guide to recomendations for herbal useages.

EDIT: syntax

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Rouschkateer]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow - thanks for the guide Roushe, will prove beneficial and useful!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Absolutely!

My grandmother is an 8 year survivor of breast cancer. She is going strong at the age of 82, bless her sweet soul!

top topics

join