It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Feature Suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Okay I haven't heard this suggested before but I've seen it on other boards so here goes.

We all have limited Editing access to our posts, why cannot we also have the same limited access to delete said post for the same time as we are able to edit it?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What would be the point of this though? Like why do you wanna limit the ability to edit your post?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Would love to be able to have an option to replace the grey background to white with blue lettering in the threads. The black on grey is very hard on my aging eyes.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How about being able to retire your handle or ATS board name and move your points to the new name. This would really cut down on all the double and tripple lurkers out there. Maybe limit it to three or four times a year.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
What would be the point of this though? Like why do you wanna limit the ability to edit your post?

It already is limited
I believe the Edit Window is 2 hours. I believe having the option to Delete a post within the same Edit Window would be a good idea as I've posted in the wrong thread before and sometimes posted a reply before I read and understood the post I was replying too(eg Talking out of my ass)

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The problem with having a limited-time Delete feature is that even in this short period of time (assuming you delete the first post of a topic you initially created) a large number of replies could be made by other members.

By deleting your original post, all the posts following on would be removed as well. This would cause point issues that I'm sure many people would get annoyed at, but most importantly could be removing posts that members put alot of time and thought into producing.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
In MSN groups, the option to delete your post exists without deleting the thread in total.

Some-one who starts a thread is able to delete it even after a number of responses have been made.

Therefore, everything in the thread following the initial post makes no sense.

As an alternative, though...mods are able to delete a post after a U2U is sent them requesting it.

(BO XIAN, I hear you...)

edit to remove abundant redundancies

[edit on 18-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The problem with having a limited-time Delete feature is that even in this short period of time (assuming you delete the first post of a topic you initially created) a large number of replies could be made by other members.

By deleting your original post, all the posts following on would be removed as well. This would cause point issues that I'm sure many people would get annoyed at, but most importantly could be removing posts that members put alot of time and thought into producing.

Well I wasn't thinking about Thread Deletion, but Reply Deletion. Can a distinction be made in the code? For Threads I find editing the topic title to "Delete Me" or "Please Delete" to work well enough.

new topics

top topics

join