It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A random idea of mine- anyone agree with it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have this theory/idea that there are different levels in everything. To start with love - there isn't a clear cut line between love, and friendship. Everything isnt so black and white but a blur, there are many different forms or love. And it applies to art/self expression, emotions, awareness, perceptions, behaviour- and as we move to a deeper level we become more aware. And as we become more aware, the more we need to intake ...and it continues like a cycle of inner evolution....one step forward keeps leading to another... unless you get stuck balancing in a limbo.

Does anyone else agree with this - or know of any info that would support it ?
Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, I can see where you are going, however, "inner evolution" really isn't the right term...
"Progressive Revelation", you learn something and become aware of so much more....

Emotion, there are gray scales.
However, right and wrong, there is simply right and wrong.
There is no, "let's bomb Hiroshima to save a million by destroying a fifth."
Simply right and wrong.

Great Idea,
- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree with you Lilith, the Progressive Revelation idea. I tend to disagree with Tassadar on the issue of right and wrong however, as I think there is a grey area in between right and wrong on a lot of issues.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
right and wrong is a consept nothing more... morality is man made it only exsists in mans life...

mother nature has no morality it creates it destroys...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My "way" of thinking is very diffuicult, dangerous, and tends to be detested.
In the way you see it, kao, I think like a child, right?
Right. Okay, that's what you would have said, yet, I already answered it for you.
As life goes on, you become aware of your end of the spectrum wish you choose, to see, think, and believe.
However, if you simply go past that stage, and view the whole spectrum from the sidelines/above/wherever, you realize, only choices which are "right" can be mayed.
To make a choice that's kind of good, and slightly bad has horrifying consequences.
To make a bad choice is worse.
To make a good choice, you, along with other, shall prosper.

You cannot simply stop at being an adult, you must intellectually cross that barrier and discover humanity's true potential.

- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree, especially since Kabalistic teachings show progressivelevels of "enlightenment" (that, of course, being used in as a general term).

Hindu's, too (or is it Buddists?), teaching of spiritual level advancements...

Not to mention, or course, Dante, and his levels of Hell.

top topics

join