It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Proof of Anything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by siriuslyone

IMO, there are WAY too many 'new souls' that are content to have the basics supplied to them than to look for anything BUT the truth

Wow, as opposed to you who is an "old soul" calling scientists egomaniacs?

And spending billions on Maths? *mind boggles*

And that dude you put on ignore? He was agreeing with you but you didnt understand how, you were told this by another poster but still want to have him/her on ignore... not nice, let alone old soul behaviour.

Thank you, I thought maybe I misunderstood. Putting someone on ignore for no apparent reason, seems very rude.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'd rather they found out for themselves, but dogmatic refusal to just hear the other side is one reason why there isn't "proof" of anything..."Proof" has to fit a mindset first, before it can be beleived.

LOL, I do not ignore people unless it is SUCH asinine comments, I do not need in my life.
When people refuse to open their mind, thay do NOT belong in this forum, wasting bandwidth, IMO.
Anything I have ever posted in this forum had happened to me personally, yet I will still get flamed as being a liar.
My life it too short to fabricate anything, and IF one does not believe what has been in my life, then rather than flame it, put me on ignore.
Good points you have made.
The poster wasn't closing their mind to what you said. They were actually saying the opposite. I think you just misunderstood, but your ego won't let you acknowledge this misunderstanding.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My soul's age is not the purpose of this thread!
Name me one scientist who has ever shown any humility and I will give you hundreds who do not.
One could theorize until they drop dead, but offer not one iota of provable evidence. And to insist we turn into dirt with no consciousness at death is the biggest of all fallacies.
Michio Kaku is one whom I admire as he really THINKS, not just brainwashed.
Math is what runs the Universe, but science has not 'tapped' into the secrets and will not as long as they live.
Maybe you should read some NDE experiences of men of science who have turned their back on quarks and string theories.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

My soul's age is not the purpose of this thread!
Name me one scientist who has ever shown any humility and I will give you hundreds who do not.
One could theorize until they drop dead, but offer not one iota of provable evidence. And to insist we turn into dirt with no consciousness at death is the biggest of all fallacies.
Michio Kaku is one whom I admire as he really THINKS, not just brainwashed.
Math is what runs the Universe, but science has not 'tapped' into the secrets and will not as long as they live.
Maybe you should read some NDE experiences of men of science who have turned their back on quarks and string theories.

I agree. I have always said, Science is as faith-based as Religion.
For Example; The whole world could just be a figment of my imagination. Who's to say anythings real?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't have any problems with theories, as long as they are labelled as such. I know that mathematics will sometimes take you down blind alleys that don't have much to do with the way the "real" world works. The problem comes when certain people get all bent out of shape by thinking that a scientific theory is somehow the equivalent of a Biblical truth. As long as people keep testing and retesting and getting the numbers to come out right, I'm satisfied. And when the conjecture gets to be a little heavy, I think I know enough to switch into "gee whiz" mode and take everything with a huge grain of salt.

Because there's a lot of very simple stuff we have no idea how it works. Like magnetism. We can measure it pretty well, generate it, get it to work for us, but we're still pretty much clueless as to what the hell it even is. So when guys talk about string theory, or whatever, I just nod and try to get the gist of their reasoning, understanding that it's not all that different than figuring angel to pinhead ratios.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is no proof of anything. We can't trust our minds, because the brain is a random accident.

<< 1   >>

join