It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I quit smoking !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm surprised how easy it was this time around. My wife won't kick the habit though ... She's even getting upset cuz I call her smelly

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well done!!!!

i have been trying for ages cant seem to do it
any helpfull hints
seem the more i think about not smoking the more i want a ciggy

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
no way dude! i just quit today too. crazy..

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Congratulations!! Its the best thing you could ever do.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
no way dude! i just quit today too. crazy..

'quit today', good luck!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That's great. Try to get checked out every so often, though. Sometimes it's like you removed a stop gap or something... My dad quit smoking and three months or so later he diagonised with terminal cancer. Serious.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I haven't been smoking long ... bout six year's, maybe 7 altogether. Only thing I can suggest is have someone you like, maybe a friend or something help you through it. Just go cold turkey and have them for support. I think that's what did it for me this time. Gotta luv that girl!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
I'm surprised how easy it was this time around.

Practice makes perfect.

Last time I tried, I was also amazed to see how easy it was. I quitted in january, and there's no way I'm starting back, not after all this.

Good for you dude
Wise choice.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
what brand did everyone smoke? i smoked marlboro 27's. smooth, rich, mellow. do you think it makes a difference when trying to quit? i suppose if you smoke quests or parliament ultralight (grey air) cigarettes, it would be easy. i used to smoke reds, then switched to the high quality 27's. i dont think i could have quit if i smoked reds, theyre pretty harsh

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
way to go e-non!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Congrats.... I've never smoked myself, but have numerous friends (and my fiance') who quit. Wait till you see how much better you feel, after the urge is gone... The difference I've seen in those quitting, is quite dramatic, with increased energy levels, and just a renewed zest for life...

Good job, and hope you stick with it!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I used to smoke Natural American Spirt Ultra Lights and I quit back in November of last year. It was easier the third try. Congrats and remember in 6 months when that craving hits.. ignore it!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
WOOT!!! wtg enon!! i also quit im now on day nine but im using the nicoderm patch and im calling this day 9 of "The Alan Parson's Project"

new topics

top topics

join