It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be an Interracial USA Presidency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What are the national security risks of an interracial USA presidency? I know this is an inflammable topic to some.

Why does race labeling exist? To some, race labeling is necessary for survival. This creates extreme forms of color distinction that frequently create behavioral systems that are important to many.

May the interests of the USA and the World always be served.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what you mean by an "interracial presidency"

A white president/black vice president (or vice versa)

Or someone of mixed parentage as president?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am not sure what an "interracial" president is, but I assume you mean a non-white president. Personally, I think America is prepared for a non-white president, and/or a female president. I am hoping Rice and Hillary run in '08 jsut to see what happens. I would be expecially interested in seeing how many Blacks vote for Rice.

Saying that, I think that there certain groups of Americans that would like to never see a Black (or female) as president. I also think that the secret service will need to work overtime if there is a Black president, as there are many haters, both liberal and conservative, black and white, who will not like the idea of a Black president, especially if that president is a Republican.

As for the question - why does racial labeling exist. Well, as long as we have racial labeling and quotas, there will never be true equality, where all individuals are thought of as being American and part of the great society that this country still is. Racial labeling allows certain political groups and "religious" leaders to hold "their" people in a state of prepetual poverty that is dependent on the government. With racial labeling, the culture of poverty can be allowed to flourish, keeping certain people in power as they promise more entitlements to Americas minorities.

Happy Easter!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think what he means is could there be a president of african/arab/persian/chinese/whatever decent, instead of the more common caucasian.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by SwearBear]

join