It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell Oil Pipelines Attacked in Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Gunmen attacked pipelines operated by Shell in Nigeria, apparently blowing them up with dynamite. 180,000 barrels of oil a day may be interrupted:

BBC News

Oil giant Shell has been forced to delay shipments of Nigerian crude after an apparent dynamite attack on one of its main pipelines in the country.
The attack by unknown gunmen killed at least eight people, and is expected to delay deliveries of more than 180,000 barrels per day for up to a week.

After the incident, Shell had to shut down two wells that supply the pipeline in the main Niger Delta oil region.

Pipelines have been attacked in the region a number of times before.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if this is related to Islamic terrorism -- calls have been made recently for Muslims to attack oil producing sites...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It probably was Islamic terrorism, they're just testing the weaknesses probably. When they find out how to destroy pipelines quickly and easily, life wil get a whole lot harder.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
could just be an Islamic terrorism wanna be ..who know i would need more info...

brian

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i have a theory, it may be totally wrong, and im expecting you guys will rip it to shreds, but here i go.

With the current bad oil situation, we are running out fast. Now until a new fuel source is found, we have to rely on oil. Now think of this scenario, the Nigerian government, instructed by the Americans, destroys a part of the pipe line, prices go up, which is happening anyway. By there being a problem with the pipeline, they can blame the high prices on that, not that we are running out of oil. Therefore diverting the publics attention away from the oil crisis.

Just a thought

new topics

top topics

join