It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bogeyman is coming to NBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, if it gets picked up for pilot and then series this could be very interesting...not the show mind you but the fallout.

The Bogeyman, a drama about a cult deprogrammer has been given a script commitment from nbc.

Consulting on the project is Rick Ross of the following website:

www.rickross.com...

Rick has butted heads with Scientology and other organizations for quite some time and I personally think the shows got a hefty chance of both sucking and blowing but if it gets picked up for series I think the fallout could be very interesting to watch.

Some perspective: I thought that new GIna Davis show wouldn't make it past three episodes, so what do I know.

Link to that article blurb:

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Awesome! Its probably got a 1/8th chance of making it to series (i think thats about the odds on NBC) but we will probably not know more for a few months on that.

It does look quite interesting though. The title alone is conjuring up all kinds of ideas in my head.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah I'll give them that, the title is zippy and I truly hope it gets on the air, but I think you're being generous in odds.

I wonder who the bogeyman is supposed to be, the cult leader or the deprogramer?

Spiderj

[edit on 12/11/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It might not suck from day one. The question is, what do they do with the format after episode seven?

1. "Deprogrammers gone wild: The Caribbean."

2. "Deprogrammers versus The New Religous Right: Judgment Day"

3. "Deprogrammers vs. David Koresh: Up in Smoke"

4. "Deprogrammers vs. Marshal Applewhite: Knock-knock-knocking on heaven's gate."

5. "Deprogrammer vs. Satanic possession." (DP'er proves it was schizophrenia, but then there's an eerie ending with an object "from the other side." Fade out with "Unsolved Mysteries" music over credits.)

6. "Deprogrammer vs. Alien abduction" (Turns out to have been a repressed memory of child abuse.)

7. "Deprogrammer vs. the 'Civilian Translators' at Abu Ghraib"

Edit: the only guy who could do this right would be "detective Goren" from L&O CI.

Maybe skully and Mulder's old boss.

But they'll probably get someone like Jill Hennessy to play the lead.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

new topics

top topics

join