It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How big is ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Another dose of mild curiosity aimed in the direction of the IT staff

How big is ATS in total? (filesize) I've been messing around with amateur website design for a few years now, and have often wondered how big these mainstream sites get (particularly with active forums).

Are we into GB yet?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here is the snapshot for August:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

September is shaping up to be even bigger, with an average of 481,000 "hits" a day, and 92,500 page views a day.

The bandwidth for just the HTML (images are not factored into the web reports) for September is already 44 gigabytes, with 146,017 unique vistors.

Our database holds 150 megabytes of data (which is very large for mySQL). If you were to save every page of every thread on the site as plain HTML, it would require over 12 gigabytes of storage space.

Does that help?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bleedin' eck!

Yes, thanks for taking the time to put that together. I knew it would be big, but that was way above my expectations!

Whilst I understand 150Mb is pretty darn big (as far as mySQL is concerned), I hadn't considered that the mySQL database would be able to store it all in such a small space!

Cheers

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by UniversalFiction]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Our database holds 150 megabytes of data (which is very large for mySQL). If you were to save every page of every thread on the site as plain HTML, it would require over 12 gigabytes of storage space.

Does that help?

Wow, I couldn't help myself but wanted to know how these numbers compare with today's system?

Back to the ATS basement looking for an answer.....

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Considering how massive ATS has become since this thread started, and the addition
of pictures and video and Podcasts, if one were to measure all the stuff on ATS,
I wonder how much space it would take up.

I'm betting We're atleast in the hundreds of Gigabytes, if not Terabytes range by now.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A terabyte is trivial these days. My brother has a device that I think cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 that is the size and weight of a book and holds 500 gb.

What, another year and you'll be able to carry the whole Library of Congress in your hip pocket?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There are thousands of us, but dont count on ever hearing from them.

It seems there is always the same bunch sharing and posting and starting threads.

I wish our friends would come out of the shadows.

link   

[edit on 16-8-2007 by dgtempe]

link   
In the last 30 days... We delivered 6.4 million pages of content (not counting non-content pages like myATS, posting threads/replies, search, etc.) We served 1.16 terrabytes (1,160 gigabytes) of HTML We delivered 2.33 terrabytes of images/graphics We served up 1.8 terrabytes of podcasts, and 340 gigabtes of video Our database is now over 4 gigabytes and requires a server with 8 CPU's to keep up with our current demand (and plan for future demand).

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Our database is now over 4 gigabytes...

4GB, huh? Put the website on a DVD and pass 'em out for when the NWO zapps the Internet

[edit on 8/17/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
its big enough to buy promo time on Coast-2-Coast,
more than once a night.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I know it's personal information, but I'm definitely interested in knowing how much Bill and the rest of the staff make a month/year from this site.

12 gigs of total HTML files is very impressive.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
its big enough to buy promo time on Coast-2-Coast,
more than once a night.

Exactly. Which is why I'm interested in knowing just how lucrative this site is, be it monthly or yearly figures.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In the last 30 days...

We delivered 6.4 million pages of content (not counting non-content pages like myATS, posting threads/replies, search, etc.)

We served 1.16 terrabytes (1,160 gigabytes) of HTML

We delivered 2.33 terrabytes of images/graphics

We served up 1.8 terrabytes of podcasts, and 340 gigabtes of video

Our database is now over 4 gigabytes and requires a server with 8 CPU's to keep up with our current demand (and plan for future demand).

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia Which is why I'm interested in knowing just how lucrative this site is, be it monthly or yearly figures.
We recently announced our capitalization which means a group of like-minded "angel" investors believes that one day "The Above Network, LLC" will become reasonably lucrative. Currently, we're operating at a monthly loss... which is exactly the point for first-round investment -- fund operations at a loss while money is being spent on advertising, technology, and content. Our efforts with ATS MIX and the book with Jim Marrs are clear examples of where we're investing in new content inspired by the postings of ATS members. These are just two of the dozen-or-so serious ideas that have quickly risen to the top... there are more.
Our financial information is closely-held and only available to "members" of the LLC. We believe that some of our content ideas are truly ground-breaking and uniquely innovative, so are careful not to "tip our hand," which could include discussion of our development budgets. Suffice to say, that by this time next year, we fully expect that using this website will be just one of the ways to learn what ATS members have to say.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
I know it's personal information, but I'm definitely interested in knowing how much Bill and the rest of the staff make a month/year from this site.

Just being part of the "Best Staff Online" is payment enough

The Porsche, Company Jet and Amex Card, Cell Phone, those are just "perks".

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The British Empire was the largest and the most powerful empire the world has ever seen until...

ATS was created

[edit on 17-8-2007 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think this about sums it up... taken from myATS.

new topics

top topics

join