It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIOS trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just curios if anyone else had a comp with a ECS 741GX-M mobo? I need to disable the onboard graphics to add a video card, and just can't seem to figure it out:bnghd: Guess that's what I get for buying a comp and not building one, as I normally do!!

Thank's in advance!!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Try the following from their user's manual

Starting Setup
The BIOS is immediately activated when you first turn on the computer. The BIOS reads system configuration in CMOS RAM and begins the process of checking out the system and configuring it through the power-on self test (POST).
When these preliminaries are finished, the BIOS seeks an operating system on one of the data storage devices (hard drive, floppy drive, etc.). The BIOS launches the operating system and hands control of system operations to it.
During POST, you can start the Setup program in one on two ways:
1. By pressing Del immediately after switching the system on, or
2. By pressing Del or pressing Ctrl+Alt+Esc when the following message appears briefly at the bottom of the screen during POST:
TO ENTER SETUP BEFORE BOOT PRESS DEL KEY

You can get the manual from
www.ecs.com.tw... roductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=0&LanID=9&DetailID=422&DetailName=Manual

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Getting into the BIOS is no problem, determining where in the BIOS to disable the onboard vid is. I no problem when I put a new sound card in, as it was clearly labeled in the BIOS settings.

join