It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-doing a film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Normally when a film is redone a few years later it ends up being no way near as good as the original.
However, there are loads of films out there which were bad to start with, so which films do you think need to be redone?

Personally my vote goes for Starship Troopers, the book is brilliant but the film makes me want to go put my head through a window.
When I tell people the film is (very) loosely based on a book they usually start by saying something along the lines of ''i bet its crap like the film''...10minutes later I've explained how truely different the book is to the film.

Just think how amazing a Starship Troopers film would be if it was accurately based upon the book.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Are you asking only about movies that don't follow the book exactly?? If anyone's ever read Wise Guy by Nicholas Pileggi, they'll know that the movie Goodfellas didn't follow the book exactly, even sometimes placing characters in situations in which a totally different character was in the book. The movie is a classic though.

Now there are movies that were good for their time but if they were remade with today's technology they could be even better.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Are you asking only about movies that don't follow the book exactly??

No, the whole book thing was simply one of the reasons why I think Starship Troopers should be completely redone...that and the film was crap

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Actually UK, I thought Starship Troopers was a damn good movie. I've always been a big fan of director Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct). All that being said I've never read the book like you have so I have nothing to compare it to. Hmmmmmm......I'll have to think about this for a while.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's like that all over. If you never read the book then you like the movie Starship Troopers. If you have read the book then you are very dissapointed. Can't think of any movies that need to be re-done, but I can think of a few that I wish were never made!

join