It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you have too much garlic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Seriously though, in terms of italian dishes, is enough ever enough for cooked garlic, and also raw garlic.

Works well in many other types of foods, but is there any harm to loading it up with garlic. Its very good at killing bacteria and anything else, and gives body and twing to sauces.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There is not much info on that:

What happens if I overdose?
• An overdose of garlic is unlikely to threaten life. Consult a doctor, hospital, or poison control left if you require assistance.
• Symptoms of a garlic overdose have not been reported.

There are some side effects though:

What are the possible side effects of garlic?
• Although uncommon, allergic reactions to garlic have been reported. Stop taking garlic and seek emergency medical attention if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives.
• Other less serious side effects have also been reported. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you experience
· burning of the mouth, throat, and stomach;
· nausea or vomiting;
· diarrhea;
· sweating;
· lightheadedness; and
· eczema or a rash.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

Drugs.com

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Besides having unusually pugent fragrace, I doubt the majority of people would eat enough garlic to cause any of those.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Besides having unusually pugent fragrace, I doubt the majority of people would eat enough garlic to cause any of those.

I try. I LOVES me some garlic. I put a head in any soup or pot of food I make. Not a clove, a HEAD. I have about 12 heads in the frig right now. I make hummus that's HOT with garlic.

It's great for your health and neither my husband nor I have ever had any ill effects.

A great dish...

Baked garlic spread on small toast with melted brie and honey mustard. We've made a meal from just that!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Garlic health benefits and medicinal properties have long been known (1). Garlic has long been considered a herbal "wonder drug", with a reputation for preventing everything from the common cold and flu to the Plague!

It has been used extensively in herbal medicine. Raw garlic is used by some to treat the symptoms of acne and there is some evidence that it can assist in managing high cholesterol levels. It can even be effective as a natural mosquito repellent.

Side-Effects
Raw garlic is very strong, so eating too much could produce problems, for example irritation of or even damage to the digestive tract.
There are a few people who are allergic to garlic. Symptoms of garlic allergy include skin rash, temperature and headaches. Also, garlic could potentially disrupt anti-coagulants, so it's best avoided before surgery. As with any medicine, always check with your doctor first and tell your doctor if you are using it.

As always, there is good and bad... always best to check first

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have garlic in almost every meal. LOVE IT! I can't get enough.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I once roasted a head of garlic and ate the whole thing because the flavor was very mild and tasty. Little did I know that I was going to walk around the next day smelling like a wet dog.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I once roasted a head of garlic and ate the whole thing because the flavor was very mild and tasty. Little did I know that I was going to walk around the next day smelling like a wet dog.

Peace

hahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

It is tasty stuff!
You cant eat some food without it. Well I cant.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Can you have too much garlic?

When prepairing a meal for any vampires, you may find they are not very receptive to this particular flavor. If you want to find acceptance through feeding vampires a wholesome meal, lean away from garlic. That is the only circumstance I could think of where too much garlic could be too much garlic.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
One large clove of roast garlic + some olive oil + some oregano + toast = the only meal you will ever need.

Garlic is that which all other foodstuffs can only hope to complement.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join