It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian super flu potential

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm by no means an expert on this subject, but I have several freinds who are in the health care field. This has been a big topic of discussion lately and as woried and harried people are getting over this, one thing always seems to come up in the conversations. It's not so much that the Avian flu is going to decimate us, which is not to say that it won't have an effect on us. But rather that if this flu combines and mutates with a human flu virus, that's when the real trouble could begin. Like I said I'm not an expert but listening to people who are on the "front lines" of health care this seems to be a potentially credible threat. They point out that if these two combine and mutate we may not have an effective vaccine against it and our own natural imune defenses may be ineffective to deal with this potentially new strain of flu. It's not a for certain, but if the right combination of events fall into place, we may be looking at a super flu with devistating results.

[edit on 11/10/05 by massman]

[edit on 11/10/05 by massman]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes this is the big scare we are facing. As soon as the flu does mutate it has the potential to spread throughout the world at devastating speed, killing all in it's path.

Check out these related threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join