It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Where I live in Colorado it is nearly impossibe to see the stars.. there is to much light on the "plain" like areas from all the towns east of the mountains to see them.

Tonight near the moon... I saw a bright stationary light.

Is there something up there atm? Because I didn't notice it before?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What you saw was most likely the planet Venus, although it is difficult to say for certain. Venus is frequently mistaken for a UFO - two nights ago, I found my next door neighbour and his wife staring at the sky at night. I asked them what they were looking at and they said a UFO. It was extremely bright and just below the moon and was clearly Venus. When I informed them that their UFO was a planet and not an alien spacecraft, they refused to believe me, until I asked them why they thought the UFO was not moving.

Venus can be particularly striking, especially when it appears within close proximity to the moon. Even in an area with significant light pollution, Venus may stand out for its brightness. This is why Venus is the natural object that is most often mistaken for a UFO (Reference). I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Venus is what you saw.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ah nice thanks.. i wasn't really suposing it was a ufo i thought maybe some launch..platform.. etc that might be in geostationary.. and wanted to know if anything had been sent up recently

join