It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Deputy Chief says New Orleans is Completely Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Completely destroyed? Not likely, plenty of infrastructure there. Roads, sewers, etc. How about those high-rises. Plenty will have to be rebuilt but, it will be. Too much there to leave behind.

At the risk of it happening again and again, is there?

To spend 100billion now or spend ten years spending ten times that. You have to weight it up against it..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
At the risk of it happening again and again, is there?

To spend 100billion now or spend ten years spending ten times that. You have to weight it up against it..

Yup. Do you know how much it would cost to build the infrastructure of any given city? LOTS. Happening again? Of course it will happen again, sometime. How old is NOLA? And it just happened now? I'm not saying whether it should or not, logic dictates that it will happen.

Edit to add: Not to meantion the nature of man, we strive to push the envelope with this planet and nothing short of a global Pompey will stop us. It's what we do.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Gee it has been my experince that us enviro-activists are generally better educated all the way across the board than the right wingers that fume over us.

Yes but liberal arts and law school has little to do with actual ecology and more to do with how to complain and file suit.

When I said uneducated, I meant in forestry, conservation, physical geography..ect. Subjects that study the actual environment and not what Sean Penn thinks about it. I guess you all are pretty educated in general so sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Completely destroyed? Not likely, plenty of infrastructure there. Roads, sewers, etc. How about those high-rises. Plenty will have to be rebuilt but, it will be. Too much there to leave behind.

I agree. Smells like a cattle prod to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join