It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christian Group Blames Katrina on Gays

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
On the other hand, what would Jesus say?

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

-Matthew 5:44 ff.

Also I'm reminded of these famous words of wisdom in these troubled times of shifting blame.

You know, everyone complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it. Calvin Coolidge said that.

~Floyd Lawson, barber

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"If the Bible is the true word of God then no more damning of an auto-biography has ever been written. What kind of monster would slay the first born children of egypt for the sins of the pharoah?" Mark Twain.

This is the god the christians worship. A baby killer who slaughters the innocent, enslaves the weak and damns the just (yes, i've read Job)

To be honest its not just the Christians. ALL religions are an obomination before the creator of all things. If there is a dark force at work in the universe then with no doubt religion is its greatest creation.

I am a spiritual anarchist. Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away. Deny ignorance.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth

It's just a shame that those bigots are the ones that get the most attention paid to them.

Christian does not have to equal bigoted

Just like -

Gay does not have to equal Evil

What a great post

Its seems odd that some of the same people that will defend Muslims and say (rightfuly so) you cant blame the millions that peacefully worship for the hand full that strap bombs on themselves, who will also defend the Gays and say (rightfuly so) you cant blame the millions who just want to live in peace for the handfull that rape little kids, will be the first to condemn all Christians for the sins of a handfull of nutcases.

I am a Christian and I dont believe any of that crap. I dont ask for everyone to believe the same as me, but you can give me the same break you give the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
On a serious note, I wouldn't understand why any christian would believe this trash, after all, even in theyre religion, the stories said that God told Noah that never again would he use a flood to destroy sinners.

Actually I was never taught that. I was taught the the whole world would never again be destroyed by floods at one time and the rainbow was a sign of that promise or something like that. Perhaps I was taught different than other people but I don't know and never thought that much about it before.

I believe the religious fanatics need to keep their mouths shut or only open them in their own places of worship so they stop looking foolish or evil themselves especially after a large disaster. Of course since we have freedom of speech to some extent we end up hearing all kinds of dialog whether we like it or not such as Pat Robertson wanting to have someone taken out or this thread here.

I believe thousands of people can thank God that so many still in NO were spared death at the last hour because a category 5 hurricane with 175 mph sustained winds did not maintain its strength, speed, and former direction straight for New Orleans. The New Orleans Flood was a slow flood which gave time for most people time to evacuate. A strong cat 5 hurricane direct hit on NO would have caused a massive quick flood in my opinion along with the deaths of most of the latest evacuees who stayed including many of those in the Astrodome IMO. I was surprised so many people stayed until I heard many had no transportation. If I was going to argue God had a hand in the hurricane, it would be to spare people's lives.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I didn't think Pat Robertson's condemning remarks would be one-upped so quickly.

I am a recovering Christian (left the institutional church to follow the true teachings of Christ) and I have to say this is utter nonsense. These kind of statements are anti-Christ(ian) in nature and do not teach what Jesus taught. Please people, don't listen to this kind of crap and please don't assume this is what Christ taught... quite the opposite.

The only reason this crap gets any kind of coverage is because news isn't really news anymore, it's about shock value and ratings.
If you search hard enough you can find people who will say just about anything!

As for the gays, if any of you who agree with the crap this anti-christian church is spewing, read your bible again.... Jesus spent a great deal of time with "tax collectors, prostitutes and other people considered sinners of the day (homosexuals would likely fit this category) and he did so not to condemn them, but to teach them what love really is.

I have several friends who are gay and I don't sit around judging them. IF... homosexuality is a sin, then it is between them and GOD. I share my view by my actions more than my words which is what I believe most Christians SHOULD be doing rather than finding quotes in an ancient text handed down from an institution with an agenda. I don't remember any quotes of Jesus saying, "Condemn thy fellow man and cast judgement on those whom you feel have sinned." If people would work on their own issues and lead by example rather than pointing fingers at everyone else, the world would be a much better place.

Peace to ALL (especially those whom need it most be they gay, straight, man or woman, innocent or guilty)

~Jammer+

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
"If the Bible is the true word of God then no more damning of an auto-biography has ever been written. What kind of monster would slay the first born children of egypt for the sins of the pharoah?" Mark Twain.

Think about that quote, if even for a moment, then read Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine.

I had an unfortunate conversation with a fundie (as usual) over the weekend and his only concern about the catastrophe was with prophesy and revelations. Mindless and heartless troll, what a "witness." Seems that fundies can do little else than stick both feet in their large mouths. Recall Pat Robertson...

But now we know the Bush family values, straight out of flippin' revelations, it would seem.

Of course, that's the roots of George W. Bush's "compassionate conservatism."

Wow, plenty of karma to burn. Looks like Marie Antoinette learned nothing.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
people really gotta get over the old testament.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by deaf fences hit]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join