It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chickens for Fighter...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Russia Promoting SU-30 for Thailand

In an interview on July 5th, thailand's ambassador to russia, Sorayouth Prompoj, said that his country was seriously reviewing an offer from Russia for the supply of a minimum of ten Sukhoi Su-30 multi-role combat aircraft to the Royal Thai Air Force.

RTAF plans to acquire new fighters have been hampered by Thailand's stipulation that it would prefer to make a barter deal for the aircraft, exchanging them for huge quantities of frozen chickens.

Concerns over the Asian bird flu scare has hit Thailands chicken eports heavily, (it has a surplus of thousands of tons of frozen chickens avaliable for export), and this is why it is particularly keen to seek a barter deal for its future fighters.

- Phil

Got to love this lol

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

but they wouldn't have proposed it if they really WAS a chance of getting a deal like that through..
frozen chickens aye??

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wonder how many chickens = a jet?
I bet its alot of chickens

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
pufffff......i love you guys, i really love you, such missinterpretations are sooooooo funnnny!!!

the treaty with thailand is general in cooperation between both countries, and take some different topics, in some terms are the chicken offer and in others are the su30, but obvioulsy ignorant media dont care and they put "chicken for su30!!!", is like to say that Brazil will buy their planes with brazil cow meat

i love you guys, i really love you.............

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
*Sings* Sarcasm is in the Air
How I love to hear that Sarcasm in the air

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oh my God... Chickens... Well, for those fighters they will need a hell of a lot of chickens...

new topics

top topics

join