It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Scarborough Could Challenge Katherine Harris for U.S. Senate Seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
MSNBC talkshow host Joe Scarborough announced that he's considering a run against Katherine Harris for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate, a seat currently held by former astronaut Bill Nelson. Katherine Harris gained notariety for her role as Florida Secretary of State during the contested 2000 presidential election results in Florida.

Congressman turned political talk show host Joe Scarborough has a choice to make: renew his contract with NBC or challenge Katherine Harris for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.

Scarborough said Wednesday that he has already talked with Sen. Elizabeth Dole, who heads the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and plans to meet with Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman and White House officials next week about whether to get into the race to unseat Democrat Bill Nelson.

"I've told everybody I'll keep an open mind. I'm happy with NBC, NBC is happy with me. They've offered me a new contract. That's sitting on the table," Scarborough said.

NewsMax

Wow tough choice...I like both of them...I guess I'm glad I don't live in Florida anymore and don't have to decide!

[edit on 8/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is Joe serious? He has a case of Gary Conditis in his past which surely will be dredged back up if he would decide to run again. Though in his case, the dead girl's body was found in his office.

www.oldamericancentury.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks Frith, I thought he had some problem like that...

I'm not sure if either of these people could unseat Nelson, as I remember he's pretty popular in Florida...

join