It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object in my picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I work on a US Army Air Force base and like to take photos of some of the aircraft that take off and land to show my family back home. I will also add that none of the aircraft I picture are secret in any way and the base is in a highly populated area and I am breaking no laws as the aircraft can be seen from the houses and buisiness's they fly over as they land.

Recently a chinook was coming in so I grabbed my disposible kodak camera and took 2 pictures of it as it approached. When I developed the pictures today I noticed that in one of the shots alongside the aircraft was a long thin mark on the picture. I initially thought that it might be a hair on the lens but on the second picture of the chinook there was nothing. I checked the rest of the pictures and the mark/object does not appear on any of them so there was definately nothing on the lens of the camera.

This is the picture as the aircraft aproaches the landing pad.
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is the second picture with the strange object/mark on it.
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
You might notice the odd section on the left hand side of the picture, this is the way it came on the disk from walgreens and I can assure you that I have not tampered with it. I presume it is just an overlap from the negative or something like that.

I have absolutely no idea what the object is and can be sure there was nothing else visible in the sky at the time the photo was taken. Maybey someone on these forums has the know how to "enhance " these pics to see if they can determine what it is, I would try myself but wouldnt know how to, it takes me all my time to try and get these pictures posted on this site.

Any thoughts and comments appreciated.

Oakley

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I blew it up a little, but still can't tell what it is. It may have been a scratch on the film. You could take the negatives and have a new picture developed and see if it shows up again.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion Hal9000, I have looked at the negative and the object/mark shows on it but I might ake it back and get another copy just for the hell of it(even though it will probably come out with an imprint of my right index finger now
)
Looking at the negative it does not look like a scratch but I will not discount that thought until I can prove it is definately not one.

Any other suggestions gratefully recieved.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ooopps, double post.

Sorry.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Oakley]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Looked like someone threw a javelin in your shot. Fetch Fido...good boy

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Actually it looks like a "Rod"

www.ufotheatre.com...

crapy site Google RODS they are cryptozology

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I cant say for sure but I dont think the soldiers were practicing their javelin skills on that day, I think they do that on friday's HelloAll

I did think about Rods Mizar but in rod pictures I have usually seen some kind of "wings" in the shots, also it looks rather large in comparison to what I have seen before, but I cant say for sure as I am an amateur at all this compared to some of you guys. Any more suggestions or debunkers coming to join the party?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most thinks that Rods are just normal bugs that show up on film. I don't know if this has occurred on still photography before.
If it is a "rod" then it could be a bee.

Either way it is very difficult to see. I would send it to www.nuforc.org and see what they have to say about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Are the pictures in the right order? It appears to me that the helo is farther way in the 2nd picture.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The pictures are not in order golemina, I just put up the one with no object on it first to show the picture clearly. It was actually the second pic taken.

top topics

join