It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Ribbon For London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please put a black ribbon an your avatars, Out of respect.
For all the inocent lifes that have been lost in a terrable act of violence.

Thank you all.

switchblade

ps.Thank you Kinglizard For your help.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by switchblade]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i prefer my rose
but it would good if someone could add one to it and upload it for

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I asked Kinglizard he is very nice and was happy to help me.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thank you again Kinglizard.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by switchblade]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Blanked for security. Sorry please delete

[edit on 7-7-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Edited message mistake.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My avatar is already bowing his head in mourning. But I do appreciate your idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I developed a new avatar for the tragedy.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

and it looks good

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by djohnsto77

and it looks good

Not just good it looks great.

Nice one djohnsto77.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
bloody xlcnt idea!!!!
and one that should be taken up by EVERY user,
but ...dont laugh but how can i do it with the avatr ive got or make a new one , ie a ribbon on or over the st george cross? pls let us know cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have something that may work for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've not used an avatar since I've been here. Truth to tell I haven't the skills to make one. If someone would assist with something about London and black, I would, sadly, yet respectfully, fly it.

Thanks...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
sigung86:
kinglizard has just done mine im sure if you ask him (nicely) he could come up with something for you : a very polite person (kinglizard)
if not then go and find a pic that u want to use as avatar then right click go2 properties, copy address from url? go2 seeting in ur log in then edit profile then past the copied url address in where it says , i think thats it , but im sure there will be someone more tech ' minded who can help.
all the best

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
(IMHO) This is not the right place for this thread, And (IMHO) putting it here shows no respect to all the ppl affected.

I am very upset and angry that this thread has been pushed out off the way like this.

switchblade

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The backround on my avatars black, but I'll put a small ribbon in my signature and remove the text if anyone has a small ribbon.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've actually already adopted my Union Jack and Stars n Stripes button- since I find ribbons a tad non-specific (i usually don't know what most of them mean when i see them) but if somebody is doing avatars i'll send them mine and have a ribbon added. I'm stuck with MS Paint, so all I can do is obscuring block-style buttons which cover the rest of my avatar.
Of course my Avatar is black, but it could be recolored to Grey to show the ribbon

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Kinglizard is the man for avatars.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And thank you for your support.

switchblade

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How about we all put black ribbons in our avatars for the hundreds of thousand of innocent Iraqi lives, lost as "collateral damage" in Bush's illegal war? How about we all put black ribbons on our avatars for the thousands of Palestinians who are victims of genocide commited on them by Israel?

Or do those lives not matter? Are those mothers, fathers, children, elderly, and others less then human, as is so often insinuated by the mainstream press? Do we only feel sympathy for those we so arrogantly deem "civilized"?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How about you let people mourn and show support for their countrymen. How about you stop looking for fight and have some respect for these people.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I know that this symbolism is being done with only good intentions, however.

Frankley I find it sick. djohnsto77 I actually find your avatar offensive, as a British person. Its just like all the mini waves people were wearing on their avatars after the tsumami, I found that visually sickening and offensive.

I do know that this is being done with best intentions, but I find it distasteful.

No disrespect meant to any involved in the "bumper sticker" wearing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join