It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley, California � Women Hold Mass Nurse-In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

To the sounds of slurping, gurgling and the occasional howl, 684 women and their children held a mass breast-feed to mark World Breast-feeding Week.

The number fell short of the 1,130 women of last year's nurse-in, which set a mark listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.

But the group was happy to have trounced a weak challenge by counterparts in Australia, who could only muster 48 women a few days earlier.

"We still have our record," said Lyn Diana, one of the organizers, adding the the event was mainly held to promote breast-feeding, done by only an estimated one-third of American mothers.

"The more we see people breastfeed in public, the more it will be reintegrated into the culture," she said.

Yahoo

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
only 1/3 of american moms breastfeed? thats disturbing, no wonder kids are becoming sick and devloping mental disorders. breastfeeding is crucial to the development of little kids health, immunity, and mental well being.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
only 1/3 of american moms breastfeed? thats disturbing, no wonder kids are becoming sick and devloping mental disorders. breastfeeding is crucial to the development of little kids health, immunity, and mental well being.

yeah its a shocking statistic. and breast milk is free! i know all the benefits a baby recieves through breast feeding but christ think about the cost of formula, it ISNT cheap! and formula is a poor subsititute (there really is no substitute in my mind)

ive seen it done in public and i dont see the problem, as long as its done discretely. no sense in giving people a show after all!

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow, that's alot of moms.

I wonder if any of them tried to breastfeed in the car, when they were driving in?

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
thousands of nipples being sucked at one time.....sounds like an event that should have happened in the 60's! Oh wait, it did, it was called Woodstock...

Not all women can produce enough breast milk you know... In fact, it seems to be a growing statistic... I know quite a few moms who tried it, but then found they simply couldn't produce enough. So, they tried to supplement with formula, but many of the babies simply wanted nothing to do with the formula after breast milk.

Just an FYI...breast milk makes for a less stinky baby...

top topics

join