It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Use Of Internet Causes Increase In AIDS Cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
According to two studies presented at the 2003 National HIV Prevention Conference, the increased use of the Internet may mean a major increase in AIDS cases.

Gay men are using the Internet to find gay sex partners, thus increasing the spread of the deadly disease as well as syphilis .

A recent survey by the Californian department of Health Sciences indicates that 23% of gay and bisexual men infected with syphilis met sexual partners via the Internet.

Reuters

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is probably quite true, btu AIDS is no longer just a gay problem. The number of heterosexual incidences of AIDS is growin much faster than within the gay population. This is understandable due to the respective size in populations. However, I think any medium which allows people to meet and arrange sexual encounters will assist the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. The emphasis on gays should have been omitted by the original researchers.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Internet, leads to dating...
Dating, leads to intercourse!...
Intercourse......leads to disease....

Ladies and Gentlemen, your tax dollars at work. Only scientists have such a gift for stating the blatantly obvious....but scientifically...

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
anything can lead to anything, i really doubt any of those studies because do you ever get to see the actual study to see how they made these observations and such things, people are far too easily convinced by the word of science anyone could'a made up all of this at any time

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I plan to invest in a company that manufactures artificial genitalia (pardon the word).

That is the way of the future.

Join me in my quest to make the world coitus free!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
your title sounded more like the internet itself would give me AIDs

besides little gay boys are all sluts, more communication = more dirty butt sechs, and i mean LOTS

my sister had a gay roommate, their pc died one time and i had to fix it

NEVER EVER EVER WILL I TOUCH A COMPUTER USED BY A GAY MAN AGAIN. Its like the whole thing is boobytrapped (lack of boobies though)

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by entropy+]

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story i read a while back on yahoo...

The title was something like..."Men who have adulterous affairs with younger women, more likey to die of heart attack..."

Pretty much a worthless study...

top topics

join