It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Debt issue!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I am confused. When it comes time to discuss the issue of tax cuts the majority of democrats and others in the government complain that it will not help us get out of our national debt. Well that�s fine. But then why do I see news reports every week about our taxes getting wasted? That does not make any sense to me. Did you know a couple hundred million dollars was spent on sending the Clintons on vacation to Africa when it could've been spend on reducing the national debt. It's possible alot of our taxes are going towards programs to help the New World Order like Area 51, Los Alamos and other bases and programs which realy ticks me off. I�m hoping someone can give me some kind of an answer to make some sense of this. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
REVOLUTION!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
when Clinton left office, and it was done ahead of schedule.

The bush administration has blown money like a new bride with her hubbies credit cards. shrub has amassed a larger deficit in just 3 years that reagan/bush did in 12 years which was also the previous high mark for the deficit.

Taxcuts are great if the economy is rolling and people are employed, so the money can be replaced in the govt accounts via taxes paid. But shrub had spent the reserves created by the Clinton administration in less than a year and has created the largest deficit in American history at $455bil in just over 3 years. In 12 years of reagan/ bush the deficit that Clinton was faced with in his first term was $325bil.

And the right calls the democrats the over-spenders.
Under dems the money is spent to help the people of the USA, under the republicans the money is taken away from the people and used to buy more defense toys and to give back billion$ to the richest 1% of our country, ya know the ones who really don't ned that money getting it over those who really & truly do need the money.

There you are, a basic Econ101 for the beginner.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is this about the CAFR vs. Budget, or the import export monies?
If someone wants to take the time and download the most recent copy from all 50 states and then add all the numbers up, then we can truly see what the debt or lack thereof is, if, of course, those books aren't cooked. Personally I don't believe anything the media puts out.
And did the report say wether the debt was regarding the gross, net, or budget?
I hate math.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Tax cuts will grow the economy. A growing economy will bring in more revenue. Key is spending cuts. (I can think of a few spending cuts myself)

Democrats are just obstructionists and of course they will oppose a tax cut: they need the money for their welfare-for-votes ponzi scheme. How else will they get elected?

Look at parts of Europe. Take Sweden, economy was so stagnant they had to cut taxes, nothing else to do, no other way to grow.

Don't believe the hype in USMC's 'liberal economics 101'

The GOP predicted our current recession because of Clinton's tax increase. Largest ever I might add.

Reagan�s tax cut grew the economy - but there was that little thing called the Cold War, which did take up part of the growth.

And speaking Clinton wasting our taxes dollars, he just tried to get the taxpayers to pay his legal bills.

Tax cuts and spending cuts.

Politicians from both sides of the aisle love to spend.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In Europe, it's pretty the opposite.When it come to the debt ( personal debt, local debt, regional debt , national debt and so on.... ), the European Bank is going crazy.

All the European government are doing everything to cut down their debt. Personally, I don't have any debt and when I want to buy something, I've only to option:

1) I've the money, so I buy it.
2) I do not have the money, so I don't buy it or I save up until I've the sumn to buy what I want.

I even bought my car CASH ! No loan or credit. For my house, I'm saving up because I want to buy it CASH too. I hate loans and credit.

Fortunately for my brother and I, our father is a former high-ranking banker. He ALLWAYS told us to never do a loan or a credit and to save our money if we were looking to buy something. As for my credits cards. I don't use them, and when I've to use them I refund them completely the first month. I don't split the refunds, otherwise I've a debt and " A man who has a debt is the slave of his/her creditor ", according to my father.

top topics

join