It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the conclave info was leaked....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was wondering, why do they take such measures in hiding it and keeping the inside proceedings secret?

What would happen if some info was leaked before an official statement ?

What do they talk about in there.....

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Dulcimer,

I wonder about that too. I have no clue. But it seems awfully strange and almost creepy to me. It almost goes beyond the realms of being people that just simply worship God. Do you know what i mean? Part of the reason why im not a catholic is because stuff like this kinda creeps me out
And seems in a sense almost wrong. Like there is something evil they could be hiding. I dont have any real evidence to back that up but its just this feeling i get whenever i see that whole process taking place in the vatican and whenever i have been to a catholic mass. Hence the reason why i am christian just not catholic. Im not saying all catholics are evil or anything. But the whole process with the pope really sent a chill up my spine. Something isnt right over there...IMHOP.

But please if anyone knows what they talk about in there...do share

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
the main reason i see is that they dont want people to know ahead of time the large scheme of things for the church. but there really shouldnt be anything earth shocking they could say.

perhaps they dont want ANYONE to know who got how many votes as they think perhaps it could lead to madness in the outside world.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There are a number of very good reasons why there is concern that the Conclave be kept in strictest confidence.

First, this encourages honesty. The Conclave is a gathering of Cardinals. You have to realize that the title Cardinal isn't ecclesiastical, but a title of the Vatican State. In other words, they are gathered not just as priests, but as member who will elect one of the world's last remaining absolute monarchs. The Cardinals want to know that they can say whatever needs to be said without worrying that tales will spread beyond the Conclave.

Secondly, the Cardinals aren't idiots. They are well aware that betting on who will be the next Pope is big business. An inside track on who is getting elected could make a lot of money for someone. And that just seems very sordid, no?

Lastly, the Cardinals are suppouse to be spending time in prayer, reflection, and meditation. They are seeking the Holy Spirit's guidence which, usually, comes as a soft, still voice. To prevent the outside world from drowning out the voice of God, they ban TV, the internet, cell phones, etc. and work hard to ensure their own isolation.

The very word conclave means "under lock and key." (Latin. Con= with, clave=key, with a key).

new topics

top topics

join