It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets fired from Iraq at U.S. base in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Rockets fired from Iraq at U.S. base in Syria...

Twitter link with Fox News broadcast

Soooo… they couldn’t get a scary enough variant so it’s ww3?

Sorry, gotta lay of the black pills.

I’ll go look if this is on YouTube so those that hate twitter won’t have to click link…

Reuters: Link

Five rockets fired from Iraq towards U.S. military base in Syria🔴 By Reuters April 21, 2024, 5:12 PM MOSUL, Iraq, April 21 (Reuters) - At least five rockets were launched from Iraq's town of Zummar towards a U.S. military base in northeastern Syria on Sunday, two Iraqi security sources told Reuters. The attack against U.S. forces is the first since early February when Iranian-backed groups in Iraq stopped their attacks against U.S. troops. The attack comes one day after Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani returned from a visit to the United States and met with President Joe Biden at the White House.

edit on 21-4-2024 by pianopraze because: Reuters added

Confused reports:
1. A rocket launcher in back of truck was used and truck caught on fire.
2. Rockets were handheld and fired from back of truck catching other munitions on fire.

1. there was a us warplane overhead at the time.
2. There was no plane.
edit on 21-4-2024 by pianopraze because: Adding info

Lin k

Sources reported that a rocket launcher mounted on a small truck was positioned in Zummar near the Syria border. The truck caught fire, causing an explosion, while warplanes were observed in the vicinity. Investigations are ongoing to determine if the truck was targeted by US warplanes.

The Iraqi Security Media Cell, an official body responsible for disseminating security information, said in a statement that Iraqi forces had launched “a wide-ranging search and inspection operation” targeting the perpetrators near the Syrian border, pledging to bring them to justice.

An army officer said the truck was seized for further investigation and initial investigation shows that it was destroyed by an air strike.

edit on 21-4-2024 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Biden probably told him to do it if anything. All parties are pushing for a war. There's money to be made and peace to be spread!

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hmmm. So I hope those who don't believe their chants of death to America are not real, maybe their eyes will open.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ImagoDei

Seems like this is small group, not state military.

Wonder who’s funding them.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don’t know how accurate this is, but this is apparently Kurdish area. I believe we funded the Kurds then abandoned them.

So is this Kurds acting on behest of intelligence community? Or Kurds mad at the intelligence community? Or wanting to provoke war to get more funding? Or all the above? Or just a strait up false flag and not locals?

Anyways here is tweet: Twitter

The town of #Zummar is mainly populated by #Kurds & religious groups, including #Shia Turkmen, which is part of Iraq's broader Shia community. Thus, #QudsForce is responsible for this chaos. @USArmy @DefenseIntel @CENTCOM @CIA

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
a reply to: rickymouse

I don’t know how accurate this is, but this is apparently Kurdish area. I believe we funded the Kurds then abandoned them.

So is this Kurds acting on behest of intelligence community? Or Kurds mad at the intelligence community? Or wanting to provoke war to get more funding? Or all the above? Or just a strait up false flag and not locals?

Anyways here is tweet: Twitter

The town of #Zummar is mainly populated by #Kurds & religious groups, including #Shia Turkmen, which is part of Iraq's broader Shia community. Thus, #QudsForce is responsible for this chaos. @USArmy @DefenseIntel @CENTCOM @CIA

Yeah, remember about what happened to the Kurds. We screwed up in Iraq quite bad. I am thinking that was something to do with Obama if I remember right. Biden did the same kind of thing in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   
first up, that aint ameriican soil.

those guys should be here, protecting our b0rder from the skum illllegals invading in the south.

it sucks they are there.

but they should just leave, and guess what, no more rokets being thrown at them!

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
Please endeavor to put a date in your title when the title is about an event that can repeatedly occur over the years. Makes it easier to find info about the April 2024 attack, 2, 3, or 10 years from now. ATS is a long-haul membership. Thankyou in advance.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Makes sense, nobody likes us unless they're getting their juicy "warfare welfare".

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   

People who should have been killed before now. Terrorists (and the President of Israel) kill women and children for fun. Funders of terrorists must be eliminated.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:40 AM
link   

"handheld" rockets ? About the only thing that meets that description would be antitank rockets or RPGs. Kind of daily action for that part of the Middle East.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Doesn't even need anybody funding them really could just be left over artillery and weapons from when the US left Afghanistan

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

"handheld" rockets ? About the only thing that meets that description would be antitank rockets or RPGs. Kind of daily action for that part of the Middle East.

Cheers

Lots of divergent reporting.

Hand held that set rockets on the truck on fire.
Truck mounted.
Then they mention drones
Then there are pictures of ground based launcher rails.

Black pill me thinks it was black op covered up by drone strike. Gulf of Tonkin comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Please endeavor to put a date in your title when the title is about an event that can repeatedly occur over the years. Makes it easier to find info about the April 2024 attack, 2, 3, or 10 years from now. ATS is a long-haul membership. Thankyou in advance.

I try, whenever possible to use quote from article/post whenever possible like I did here.

The date was yesterday 4/21/24. I linked several posts/article with date.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes and another Way to Retain the Office of the POTUS.

originally posted by: ImagoDei
Biden probably told him to do it if anything. All parties are pushing for a war. There's money to be made and peace to be spread!

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

I just read in another thread that ATS is shutting down in a few weeks? Any truth to that? I'm not here as much as I used to be, so maybe I missed something.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe3755

Check these out.
What happened, what we know, what we don't know [staff generated OP]
Checking on the status of the website [member generated OP]

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Schmoe3755

Check these out.
What happened, what we know, what we don't know [staff generated OP]
Checking on the status of the website [member generated OP]

It's felt like the writing's been on the wall for some time, still sucks to see it go, even though it's not what it used to be.

I'm about to make an account at Deny Ignorance. I made one a while back at Rogue Nation, and I love them over there, but there's about 10 people who post regularly.

I've been on Reddit lately, mostly. Lots of good subs over there, but it lacks the format you get here and elsewhere. Plenty of trolls too, but you get those anywhere.

top topics

join