It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on magnetic pole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Course he will. And post it. DOOM??!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Doom? I hope not. But it is interesting to live in a time when the North point of the compass is moving fast. Just something to keep in mind and be aware of. It may or may not become relevant.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Weirdly the sun's magnetic pole flips regularly and doesn't seem to do too much apart from x flares causing aurora and radio blackouts. A small neodymium magnet has a lot more strength than the earth's field. So apart from having to repaint all the compass needles and change GPS coordinates all should be well.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Indeed. Irrelevant, mostly?

If the Earth tips on its axis, maybe.

But that's a different doom.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
Doom? I hope not. But it is interesting to live in a time when the North point of the compass is moving fast.

Is it really moving fast? Have you confirmed it with a magnetic compass?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus1234

If the Earth's pole is weak and at the forty-five degrees point. The Sun's poles flipping might just be the trigger to flip the magnetic pole on Earth.?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken (the quality of the video is very bad) it's now close to 81º, very far from the 45º.
If those 45º are in relation to the geometric North pole. If they were chosen from an arbitrary point then why was that point chosen?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I think he means 45 from the original stable point.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Thanks.

I suppose it cannot really be the original stable point, as that would have appeared when the magnetic field appeared and there is no record of such thing.
I also suppose that "stable point" was somewhat arbitrarily chosen, as we do not have a way of knowing what is the most stable point, if it exists.

One thing I don't know (I didn't watch the video) is if he talks about the north pole only or also of the south pole, because they are not really aligned with the Earth's centre. If the south pole is also moving in the same way then its as if a huge magnet is rotating and its more likely the poles switch than if the south pole is not moving or even getting closer to the north pole, as then the opposite poles will tend to repel each other and bring things back to a more stable position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join