It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town manager dies after saving 4-year-old son from drowning in icy pond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Terrible thing 😞

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lidstrom5

A Father gave his all to save his Son.

I salute you sir.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A real father.

The loss is even more tragic because there are too few of them today.

My respect for the man and my condolences to the family.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would not hesitate to do the same as that guy did. I told my granddaughter, and now my great granddaughter that if a bear comes around listen and I will shelter them from it to walk slowly to the house. Most times that bear will not harm you unless you panic. But I had already lived my best part of my life before I was forty, they have the rest of their life to experience. I will make that bear regret coming onto my land to protect my kids...because I lack fear, that bear may not challenge me.

It is tragic to hear about things like this, but I respect the guy doing this. The bad part, this kid has the rest of his life to live knowing that his father died because of him. I pray that he does not take it too hard, even at four it makes a permanent scar on his future.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lidstrom5

I used to live on a lake property and I never went on the ice until I saw cars parked on it… well, snowmobiles anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lidstrom5
www.cnn.com...

Terrible thing 😞

Strength and honour!
RIP
Very brave man!

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I remember my grandfather telling me about his little sister falling through a frozen river ice and the current carrying her away ,they could see her under the ice but could not get to her as it was too thick and the water fast flowing , he always told that story with tears streaming down his face it really cut him up and he was not a man to cry

edit on 28/1/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is so tragic. I hope his child finds the best life and happiness moving forward, 😢

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Kevin Howell, 51, and his son were crossing a portion of Etna Pond around 6:30 a.m. Friday when they broke through the ice, the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office said in a social media post.

Howell was able to get his son out of the icy water and sent him to find his mother at their home, roughly one third of a mile from the pond, the sheriff’s office said.

“The boy ran home, and notified his mother,” the sheriff’s office said. “The mom told the young boy to stay at home, she called 911, and she rushed to help her husband. On her way, she grabbed an anchor and rope and ran down to the water.”

While she was attempting to rescue her husband, Howell’s wife, Katie, fell through the ice herself and was unable to get out of the water, the sheriff’s office said.

Around that time, Penobscot County Sheriff Detective Jordan Norton arrived on scene and began crawling across the ice to rescue Katie, the sheriff’s office said. He was able to pull her out of the water.

[www.cnn.com...]

Terribly sad.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not a lot does anymore, but this story choked me up. How incredibly sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

top topics

join