It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and other words that follow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A little about myself: I joined today and have immensely enjoyed debating. I'm sorry for some mistakes I made, but my goodness this place is hopping.

ATS survival rule #1:
Ad hominem attacks-do not engage.

I live in a very rainy environment. My goodness, you'll never understand how people could have lived in this heat and humidity for most of the year before air conditioning. The climate is highly advantageous here for composting! I have developed a method of composting using a machete, and BY GOLLY it's like my dream job. One of the inventions I'm working on will utilize certain emergent properties of the Hill of CHOP. Yes, I have cut down so many in one spot that I have raised the elevation of my yard by several feet and have given it a name, and I had the most fun in my life starting that hobby.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

ATS survival rule #1: Go!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

Welcome in the asylum where the inmates run the show.
seen your postings, reads like a reflected opinion rather than propagande driven opinion pieces.

Although I guarantee you we will not always agree, ATS can definitely profit from people like you...

Don't get baited by the haters...

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Welcome in the asylum where the inmates run the show.
seen your postings, reads like a reflected opinion rather than propagande driven opinion pieces.

Although I guarantee you we will not always agree, ATS can definitely profit from people like you...

Don't get baited by the haters...

Yeah, hey thanks for the welcome. If you have similar opinions on what I've written so far, by golly, you must do your own thinking!

I welcome any future disagreement between us, because based on what you've written, I have faith that we will engage in very enriching and mostly clean debate.

Yea hey, I feel like a master debater here, even though there's so many master baiters.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I have developed a method of composting using a machete

Same. Different kinda vegetation tho.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

I have developed a method of composting using a machete

Same. Different kinda vegetation tho.

Welcome aboard!

Oh I imagine the vegetation is similar enough!

but seriously, dont leave me hanging. Tell me your secrets!

I'm chopping sweet olive, azalea, live oak, formosa tree, and the most exotic of all, araucaria. I do love to hate araucaria.

Come on now, chop chop, I told you mine, now it's only polite that you tell me yours.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I'm chopping up mostly cheap crap like canvas, paper and other garbage I find. Love to rip things apart as well, and nail it down with a stapler I stole from my last office, going over the entire thing with layers of paint. Stuff like that, ya know.

Starving most of the time, tho. Think I just enjoy to be hungry as hell.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Oh you are attracted to garbage, too! Ha ha, you would curse me if you saw my workshop; floor to ceiling, garbage from the side of the road. What am I going to do with these oxygen bottles I found on the side of the road? i dunno but I hope they dont explode lol

I get the impression your affinity is geared more towards industrial junk. I'm going to be working on building a giant parabolic mirror, one day, so I dream. And when I get that dream to life, I will build as many as it takes to operate a foundry and forge, or even a steam engine and generator when I'm in my 70's!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Sounds fun! My garbage has a tendency to blow up as well sometimes, but that's a good thing after all. Not too picky with the pickups tho, the other work in process involves the garbage tree stumps from weed flowers. Somewhat less industrial but still industrial hemp.

going to be working on building a giant parabolic mirror

You too? Mine involves poetry, scalpel, scissors and loads of smelly glue. A giant's para-biologic mirror, if you will.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Neat intro and welcome

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Are you interested in extracting fibers from plants? There are some great videos hosted online of the last of the rope makers of the traditional tech and methods.
I restored my wife's heirloom singer back to machine-gun operation and I started cutting up all my old duds with holes in the seat into strips, lined them up and sewed a nice 150 foot long hem, set it to my handy little spinner and made a 60 foot pants-rope for a ridgeline to a giant green house tent made of worn out hospital bed sheets donated from a nursing school and not used by patients ever, sewed them together into amorphous shape that saved all my tender plants from the first frosts.

My idea for the parabolic solar ray is to glue reflective Mylar over a shallow cylinder like a hand drum but larger and the back side is closed and sealed air tight, and the idea is to vacuum the air out and the Mylar pulls inward forming a not-quite-but-close-enough parabola.

Are you talking about the para-biologic mirror in which we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Neat intro and welcome

Thank you, kindly.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Are you talking about the para-biologic mirror in which we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion?

Not Sure. Didn't really think about it in those terms. You could also state everything is an illusion, if we break it down to the point of perception. Illusions can still be useful, or the opposite of that, and very real in their conception/ reception.

Sublimation, I think that's what I was getting at.
edit on 12-11-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/12/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I was playing with the line in "Parabola" by Tool.

I value that song on being the most wholesome tool song I know of.

new topics

top topics

join