It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Gets It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The only thing Romney gets is that everyone including stevie wonder can see that he is a POS RINO like all the rest of the GOP darlings.

So he is retiring because he wants to safe face and knows he has less of chance than Hillary winning model of the year for the society of moral and ethical standards.

Also careful for what you wish for or you just might get it. The younger generations are suffering from mental issues.

edit on 44930America/ChicagoFri, 15 Sep 2023 09:44:54 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Keep in mind he is selling a book - sure to become a best seller that nobody bought

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

One can vote at age what, 18 ? When they look to vote with the candidates running now it's like a separation of what, two generations, three? With the speed things are changing now that generational gap is ridiculous. 80 year olds cannot represent twenty year olds, .

And yes, a lot of young people are suffering from mental illnesses. But not all of them, Certainly there must be some forty year olds and fifty year olds who could do as well or better than these octos.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Im agreeing with you we need age and term limits, but Romney is only doing this because he knows he is used goods.

However to be honest the real reason we need term and age limits is because corruption.

Its not cheap, quick , or easy to fully corrupt and get full control of a politician .it takes lots of money and time to get full control of them that is why they refuse to let them go once they are in.

Biden ,mitch, pelosi,etc cant retire until the lobbyists got their moneys worth .

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The only thing Romney gets is that everyone including stevie wonder can see that he is a POS RINO like all the rest of the GOP darlings.

So he is retiring because he wants to safe face and knows he has less of chance than Hillary winning model of the year for the society of moral and ethical standards.

Also careful for what you wish for or you just might get it. The younger generations are suffering from mental issues.

Where is the evidence to back up Romney has no chance of winning? Everything I have seen shows he's pretty safe even in the primary.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yep, likely. This gives him an easy excuse to not run again and probably lose. But it's not that I care about Romney it's that

here is a major voice chiming in on an almost taboo topic, one that points directly at his own generation. Some say it was a parting shot at Trump and maybe so, or also a jab at Biden but over all, to me he has added volume to a topic that oldsters prefer to ignore.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

Where is the evidence to back up Romney has no chance of winning? Everything I have seen shows he's pretty safe even in the primary.

Lol
edit on 13930America/ChicagoFri, 15 Sep 2023 20:13:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dude is 76, he should set a solid example by stepping aside himself.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A US presidential candidate should be no younger than 60 and no older then 75. That goes for congress and the house also.

Limitations on campaign funding.
edit on 15-9-2023 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

Limitations on campaign funding.

No private campaign funding. We have the technology and platform to make campaign funding obsolete and fair for all candidates.

Something along the lines:

1. The candidates can meet a certain criteria and submit their videos to a public govt hosted youtube like site where they can post their views ,get and answer question and make their case for why they should be supported .

2. The top X of the candidates can be hosted in debates via the same public hosted site.

3. All interviews will be hosted on the same public hosted site but the questions will come from the voters.

4. They must all answer what is their plan for term limits ,reducing conflict of interest , and closing revolving doors between public and private sectors.

It does away with campaign fundraising and no need to spend money on advertising as everyone will get the same exposure from the same source.

Today we get to hear the candidate with the biggest pockets that owes the most favors.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Lol

Again I ask where is the evidence?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Besides the last losing elections he had and all the maga crowd that wont vote for him or the independents that dont want another career politician with a worthless record,, yeah he should be fine, lol

He is not running because he knows he has no chamce.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Dude hears footsteps, Utah was not going to let him stay in the seat now he can "retire" get his cush consulting gig and be able to claim how good he was.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

His approval rating hit a 3 year high just recently and MAGA voters don't seem to have much impact in Utah elections. Romney's potential challengers are pretty weak compared to Romney plus he doesn't have to worry to much about who Democrats run either because it's a pretty safe Republican leaning seat (even though Dems have made progress in Utah during the Trump era) .
edit on 17-9-2023 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2023 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i think he is just very vain and doesn't want to look bad, he read the polls that said republicans aren't buying his communist bull#, and he doesn't want to booed off the stage anymore.

Romney? Communist? Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts, Republican candidate of the Presidency in 2012, current one of the Senators for Utah, that Mitt Romney? Communist??? In what way, shape or form is Romney a supporter of Lenin or Stalin?

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

His approval rating hit a 3 year high just recently and MAGA voters don't seem to have much impact in Utah elections. Romney's potential challengers are pretty weak compared to Romney plus he doesn't have to worry to much about who Democrats run either because it's a pretty safe Republican leaning seat (even though Dems have made progress in Utah during the Trump era) .

It looks like we were talking about two different things. I was talking about him running for POTUS.
For Utah he might have a chance because of his Mormon connection, but for potus no chance in hell.

However I some family members that are pretty involved in the Mormon church and with high connections as well, and even they don't trust or like Romney.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Remember till the middle of the night every poll on the planet showed hillary winning.

Lot of people are pointing at the rino's for the disgusting spending bill pushed through right before the republicans took the house as a cause for making inflation worse.

I know I would never tell my actual choice to some random person on the phone.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

It looks like we were talking about two different things. I was talking about him running for POTUS.
For Utah he might have a chance because of his Mormon connection, but for potus no chance in hell.

However I some family members that are pretty involved in the Mormon church and with high connections as well, and even they don't trust or like Romney.

Fair enough I also don't think he has a shot at being President again unless he became the Republican nominee without having to win the Republican primary.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Remember till the middle of the night every poll on the planet showed hillary winning.

Lot of people are pointing at the rino's for the disgusting spending bill pushed through right before the republicans took the house as a cause for making inflation worse.

I know I would never tell my actual choice to some random person on the phone.

People get upset with members of congress all the time but when push comes to shove they usually win reelection especially when the candidate has a lot of advantages like Romney would. I just think that there are about a 100 or so reasons for why Romney isn't running again that make more sense than he's scared of losing. Let's not forget that when Romney decided to run for Senator it didn't make a whole lot of sense in the first place other than if he had altruistic motives (which I will never believe to be case for anyone running for high level political positions) or wanted to mess with Trump which he did at times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join