It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught flying out of cloud during lightening storm in Gloucestershire UK?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I thought it was swamp gas.

originally posted by: wmd_2008
Lens flare or reflection there is no real detail to the video which always seems to happen .
Lens reflections and flares can look like it's an object here is a classic example

Here is a closer view.

Many lenses have a certain shape to the flare I posted the images on here years ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thats what i was hoping for .. it just seemed that the car was the same angle but opposite if you see what i mean.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My thoughts too

a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
It's when the 'object' appears above the cloud line that still flumoxes me....... wouldn't the car lights need cloud cover (or something) to reflect off? There's only open sky for the second appearance.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The object seems to be a reflection of the car headlights as others have pointed out, but that doesn't concern me. The storm phenomenon is freaking me out. I often have dreams about such storms, and they never end well.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: rigel4
It's when the 'object' appears above the cloud line that still flumoxes me....... wouldn't the car lights need cloud cover (or something) to reflect off? There's only open sky for the second appearance.
Rainbows
Jane

I understand that it may be hard for someone to mentally visualize something like this if they've not been trained in base science or photography/optics.

The object is not directly reflected off the clouds.

What is happening is as follows...

The light from the car headlights is bouncing off the parked car's roof as explained before.
This light enters the camera lens.
The light is dispersed within the lens.
An artifact occurs within the lens, called a "lens flare".
This happens in the lens only, but is captured in the recorded video as "seen" by the lens.
No actual "reflection" or any visual aspect is actually happening in the real world space.

Imagine shining a torchlight from inside your kitchen onto a window.
You may see some kind of reflection on the window. The reflection is not actually physically "on" the window.

It is a "somewhat" related scenario. We are not seeing a direct reflection of light off the clouds.
It is simply a reflection artifact (lens flare) from the camera itself.

I hope I've explained this somewhat. If not, I could elaborate more.
Let me know if you need more details, or if anything is unclear.
I'll try my best to explain as much as I'm capable of doing

edit on 15-9-2023 by Kreeate because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join