It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is 1hp of Damage in Real Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I would say stubbing your toe... shin banger?

Paper cut?

What say you?

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Paper can kill if it's by a thousand cuts!

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
A nettle sting is about 0.25HP but has long lasting damage effect (0.25HP every 5 seconds) and has AOE damage of about 1 inch.

A blow to the chest is an easy 5HP which also causes instant stamina depletion.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It would have to be something that takes time off your lifespan, not simple pain.

Not sleeping
Bad eating habits
Being sedentary
Being depressed

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Damn... i got 3/4 of your list

I should be dying tomorrow.. lol

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well I had a motorbike once that was 650HP and if you hit a brick wall at 60 MPH it would kill you. What the hell is your HP, I aint looking it up?

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Your wife rearranges the furniture, you get up in the middle of the night and find out the hard way the coffee table is not where it's supposed to be.

OR....

Walk around your truck in the dark and hit the tow hitch.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Questions abound.

The title is called "What is 1hp of Damage in Real Life?"

"HP" is the commonly accepted abbreviation of "horse power." And horse power is a measurement used in engines. How would that apply to a human? And one horse's power could trample me to death. So would the answer to the thread title be "Death?"

And then further down, someone mentioned "AOE damage." I thought "AOE" was the commonly accepted abbreviation for the computer game "Age Of Empires?" How can a person get physically damaged by a video game?

These days I'm just confused by the language other people use. It's hard to understand because it doesn't seem to be the English I had to learn in school. Again, just why did I have to go to school for all those years? It's like that old Twilight Zone episode where the guy wakes up and everybody around him is speaking a different language and he can't understand anything. Sometimes, that's what I feel like.

TCB

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Cat-sctatch-fever....thnx Uncle Ted ☝️✌️

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Good morning...Just an add here about Gen Z n X'rs.

My niece, 31 can't tell time..only raised w digital...her brother near 40 can't read...or write cursive. ( That's "handwriting").

I'm seeing as many more words, than the ones we're losing.

Often, English is one of the hardest to learn. We've got so much slang, abbreviations, one liners...it hard to know all references.*

Address – Address.
Band – Band.
Bat – Bat.
Match – Match.
Mean – Mean.
Right – Right.
Ring – Ring.
Rock – Rock

-Google

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

"HP" is the commonly accepted abbreviation of "horse power." And horse power is a measurement used in engines. How would that apply to a human?

It's the amount of energy I spend cussing after my toe finds that coffee table.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"HP", Hit Points. Not Horsepower.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

A toe knock is at least 2hp.. might even be fatal with a critical hit.

Hmm you know when you take a sip of water or something and your teeth hit the cup by accident? Or you bite the inside of your cheek or lip, yeah thats one hp anyday man.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What has 1HP got to do with this? Not sure how to respond, is this about regular pain like falling off a roof or ladder and having to go to the ER or chiropractor, or is it about a little cut stinging for a few minutes. I am not sure if this is about pain or the mental response to pain.

Maybe I am just tired, but I do not get exactly what this is about.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firepoker
"HP", Hit Points. Not Horsepower.

I have no clue what a hit point is either, Is it something to do with virtual reality or something?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very interesting question, but I feel it challenging to answer, absent the context of an average human's hit point rating.

Proportion and scale are important.

For human having 1 HP, at full health, a 1 HP injury would have to be catastrophic. As 1 HP would be a death blow.

However, if our standard human has 500 HP at full health. A 1 HP injury would probably be quite insignificant as a single occurrence. But, it would need to have some cumulative significance, as 500 incidences of the injury would lead to death.

So without the context of how many HP we have at full health, it's challenging to come up with the notional "1 HP injury".

Am I overthinking, or do I present a valid variable to equation?
edit on 6-9-2023 by davegazi2 because: syntax error

new topics

top topics

join